Anthony Maldonado ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Buff State chapter.

Anthony Maldonado

Junior

May 2016

23

Business Administration With a concentration in Management/Philosophy

Quote to live by: “I Think, Therefore I am”

Super Power- I think I would have Telekinesis as my power. The ability to move objects with my mind would be dope so like if I want to read a book and I’m sitting at a desk but the book is too far I’d just get it with my mind. Or if someone tries to rob me at gun point i would just stop the bullet. That’s a great power

HC Buff State: Who or what is your biggest inspiration?

Anthony: I have a few. Anyone who’s true to themselves and pushes the boundaries of limits within the human species inspires me. The greats such as your Jay-Zs, The Notorious BIG, and Eminem inspire me heavily. They broke the boundaries of what hip hop music was capable of becoming. Music inspires me to live, but my biggest inspiration is my mother. She is my heart and soul and the reason I strive to be great.

HC Buff State: What things have you done or organizations are you a part of on campus and what have you learned from them?

Anthony: The organizations I currently represent consist of the best brotherhood in the nation of that being the prestigious Black and White, I am a proud humble member of Groove Phi Groove Social Fellowship Incorporated. I am also excited to be a member of Students for Sustainability on campus in which is a pure community service course offered in the philosophy department at Buffalo State College. I have learned from my brotherhood that intelligence, integrity, and humbleness is truly everything. I have learned what it means to stand for something bigger than you and that there are truly many people in the world that want to see a change for the better. I’m just happy to call them my brothers. Students for sustainability has taught me the tranquility and great feeling that comes from helping others. Theres no better feeling then giving back and perhaps inspiring others to give back as well.

HC Buff State: Why did you choose to come to Buff State?

Anthony: Truth be told, I came her by accident. Upon signing up for college I meant to apply to UB because an old friend of mine went there. but I stayed here because I meant a bunch of intelligent individuals and minorities at that, whom are truly ambitious and genuine people. That’s what kept me here along with a few of the best professors I’ve ever had who are very successful and insightful.

HC Buff State: What have been your best and worst experiences while attending Buff State

Anthony: My best experience at Buff State is actually my most recent one in joining my organization Groove Phi Groove Social Fellowship Incorporated. I have never felt more proud and accomplished about anything in my life than this and I’m ready to do some great things for this campus. 
My worst experience at Buff State was getting caught up with a few females I maybe shouldn’t have lol. But I guess that’s just life.

HC Buff State: How would you describe your experience here at Buff State?

Anthony: I would describe it as interesting. I had a lot of good times, a lot of bad, but I would do it again if I could. These last 4 college years have gone by so fast I’m just happy to have capitalized on some of the opportunities that college has to offer. College was never really an opinion for me from where I’m from, so I’m just hype not to be a statistic.

HC Buff State: What do you hope to do when you graduate?

Anthony: I hope to become a famous rapper and have musical content that speaks to the soul. To have music that when your mad, happy, sad, or feel like life is just overwhelming that can remove your mind from adversity for a few minutes and give people a push to want better because dreams are possible. I want to be another example that when you put your heart and work ethic into something that seems impossible, you tackle it and make it attainable. I want to live forever through the lyrics in my music.

HC Buff State: What is your biggest motivation to continue on as a student here at Buff State?

Anthony: The professors I’ve met here truly inspiration me. I would drop a couple names, but I’m sure there are more than the ones whom I would put down that are awesome. But its definitely the professors and my organization and what I feel I can change and accomplish here at Buff State. Made a lot of friends here to that truly embody what it means to be a great person from the inside out.

HC Buff State: What advice can you give to females who go to Buff State?

Anthony: I don’t have advice for females per say, but my advice to everyone here is take advantage of every opportunity in college. There are so many doors in life that can be opened, so open them. Don’t ever limit your abilities as a human being because mentally we barely scratched the surface of our mental capacities and capabilities. “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.” Be great and never be afraid to jump. The sky is only a limit there is an endless galaxy for the taking. Rule yourself and control your destiny. Be Great!

All of us here at Her Campus Buff State wish Anthony all the best of luck on all his future strides and goals!
 Brittany Windham is a Senior at Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. She is studying Fashion Design with a concentration in Apparel Design. She is a New York City native with a love for the arts and anything that allows her to express her creativity. She is a published poet and a member of the Chi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society. She has worked alongside artist, designers, and students in New York City to promote environmental awareness through art with her participation in Digital Day Camp through the Eyebeam team. She is currently a member of the Orange Crush team on her campus and she one day aspires to have her own online store which recycles and reuses old accessories and clothing to create new ones.