Your (Dysfunctional) Love Life: A Spotify Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

“People are afraid of themselves, of their own reality; their feelings most of all. People talk about how great love is, but that’s bullshit. Love hurts. Feelings are disturbing. People are taught that pain is evil and dangerous. How can they deal with love if they’re afraid to feel?” – Jim Morrison

These are songs for the love you can’t figure out, the love that leaves you breathless, the love you wish you didn’t feel. These are songs for the person you can’t stop staring at, or maybe for the person you can’t look at anymore. We’ve all been there – whether mutual or unrequited, love is difficult, and sometimes it creates the illusion that our lives are unraveling before our eyes. But life does go on, and we go on loving. Love is hard, and no relationship is perfect. Appreciate the imperfections and idiosyncrasies, because those are what make love exciting. Keep falling in love. Surprise yourself. A little dysfunction is normal — healthy, even. Enjoy this playlist in celebration of love and everything that comes with it.

Featuring: Ellie Goulding, Lana Del Rey, Frank Ocean, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Frank Ocean, Robyn, The Weeknd, Fleet Foxes, The Avett Brothers, Mumford & Sons, The Shins, and more…

8tracks: http://8tracks.com/birdisthew0rd/your-dysfunctional-love-life

Spotify:http://open.spotify.com/user/alexandra.bird/playlist/3qPUBuYDwCUJtAzfrQi4l7

Sarah Dubow graduated from school in 2013 and is a Digital Strategist at Marina Maher Communications in New York City. After serving as Campus Correspondent at Bucknell University, she is so excited to continue being a part of the Her Campus team! Besides traversing the city and trying to figure out what being a "real person" really means, Sarah loves long walks on the beach, sipping pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain (kidding!). Real favorites include traveling, writing, kickboxing, and making up ridiculous lyrics to the latest songs. She absolutely loves anything that involves cupcakes, butterflies, glitter, and anything Parisian and specializes in baking with far too much chocolate and obsessively watching shows bound to be cancelled after the first season. Though the long term path for this post-grad collegiette remains unclear, she's looking forward to all the new 20-something adventures that await her!