Words of the Wise: Female Podcast Recommendations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

The number of podcasts out there has grown significantly in recent years. Many have topped the charts of Spotify and Apple Music. They provide a space for new ideas and conversations to be circulated. 

Most of my all-time favorite podcasts are created by women. When I listen to podcasts created and/or led by women, I feel more connected to the topics that they discuss. It’s relatable content and a safe space for me. This being said, I’d love to offer my personal recommendations for podcasts.

Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain

Anything Goes is quite literally the go-to podcast for me. Emma Chamberlain, an internet personality (and icon), adds her individual perspective on topics and questions to each episode. The topics discussed range from relationship advice to day-to-day struggles for women in their teens or early 20s. Listening to Emma is like listening to a big sister. She has such a calming presence that makes you feel comfortable. New episodes are released every Thursday.

WHOA That’s Good Podcast

As someone growing in their faith, I look to other Christian women for support and advice. Whoa That’s Good is the perfect place to go if you are a woman looking for that same thing. Hosted by Sadie Robertson, this podcast tackles hard truths about Christianity. Sadie offers stories of her personal experiences as a Christian that help any listener in their journey with God. New episodes come out every Wednesday.

Pretty Basic With Alisha Marie and Remi Cruz 

Every time I listen to Pretty Basic, it always feels like I’m at a sleepover or a girl’s night. Remi Cruz and Alisha Marie are so bubbly and entertaining that it’s hard not to love listening to them. Every week, they discuss what is going on in their daily lives, making anyone tuning in feel like a friend instead of just a listener. There are lighthearted conversations that will leave you laughing and advice sessions that will leave you with a new perspective. New episodes come out every Wednesday.

With Intention

Cami Sophia shares her opinions on all things wellness, self-care, and much-needed girl-talk. Most known for her pilates and wellness videos on TikTok and Instagram, she started her podcast to help women develop a healthy and happy lifestyle. Every episode is under 40 minutes, so it is the perfect podcast for girls on the go or those of us that want to make time for podcasts, but don’t have an hour or more to listen to them. New Episodes are released every Tuesday.

Madi is a senior Markets, Innovation, & Design major from Danville, Pennsylvania who intends to pursue a career in public relations/social media marketing. In her free time, you'll find Madi journaling, watching Gilmore Girls, or creating art in some way.