What I Don’t Want for Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Most of us know what we do want for Christmas.  Here’s a little list of things I don’t want to see under the tree on Christmas morning. 

What else I don’t want for Christmas:

Blackberry: Unless you get me a time machine to go with it.  21st century, 21st century technology, parents.  iPhone 5, please.

Fruitcake: Self-explanatory.

Socks: I get these in my stocking every year, Mom.

Underwear: See above comment.

Museum Tickets: Though I’d like to say I’ve become more cultured as I’ve gotten older, I’m still not eager to give up an entire day to spend it at a museum.  Sorry, Grandma. 

Harry Potter Books: Not because I don’t love Harry Potter, but because I’ve grown up with him.  Now, I’m looking for J.K. Rowling’s new book, Casual Vacancy

Coal:  Duh.

New Year’s Eve Plans: This holiday is overrated and I’m over it.  Spend the entire night anticipating a kiss that may or may not come?  I prefer my couch, a glass—okay, a bottle—of wine and the TV. 

You: This might work for Mariah, but there’s no “you” that I want enough to give up everything else.  Maybe give me ten years then ask me again, but for now I’m quite content with my presents over any guy I know. 

Sarah Dubow graduated from school in 2013 and is a Digital Strategist at Marina Maher Communications in New York City. After serving as Campus Correspondent at Bucknell University, she is so excited to continue being a part of the Her Campus team! Besides traversing the city and trying to figure out what being a "real person" really means, Sarah loves long walks on the beach, sipping pina coladas, and getting caught in the rain (kidding!). Real favorites include traveling, writing, kickboxing, and making up ridiculous lyrics to the latest songs. She absolutely loves anything that involves cupcakes, butterflies, glitter, and anything Parisian and specializes in baking with far too much chocolate and obsessively watching shows bound to be cancelled after the first season. Though the long term path for this post-grad collegiette remains unclear, she's looking forward to all the new 20-something adventures that await her!