international student?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
international student?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Zen Chung Via Unsplash
Style > Fashion

Wardrobe Must-haves for Fall 2022

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

As the new school year begins, so do new seasons and new trends. Fashion is ever-changing, and keeping up with the latest trends may not always be the easiest task. In this article, we will discuss some exciting new trends and wardrobe items you must have in your closet for Fall 2022! 

Basic 2-piece Sets

Having a go-to loungewear set makes life so much easier. A matching set is perfect for fall because it can be casual and comfortable, but easily dressed up for a night out. It’s always good to keep the colors neutral, so that your two piece set can match practically anything else. Try pairing your two-piece set with fun jewelry or a purse for a pop of color. Platform boots or a blazer on top can also dress this outfit up.

Oversized Blazers 

Blazers have been on the come up over the last year in fashion. A blazer is the simplest way to look sophisticated, yet still fun and exciting. A blazer can make a classic jeans and crop top look amazing, and they are also great to have as a trendy jacket as the fall weather starts to get colder. Try styling one as seen below to dress up your fit for class, shopping, errands, or a night out.

Neutral colors/Closet basics 

Having closet-basics is necessary, especially for someone with a busy/chaotic lifestyle. Basic tops or pants in nude colors are a perfect go-to for any occasion. This Fall season, nude colors are becoming more popular, and can always be matched with anything else in your closet.

Loafers 

Loafers are coming back to the fashion world, and are a perfect pair of shoes to have in your closet! Loafers can be worn with a dressy outfit, a suit for work, or even with a casual pair of jeans. These totally adaptable shoes are comfortable, sophisticated, trendy, and a definite must-have for Fall 2022.

Tote Bag 

As someone who constantly has her hands full with a water bottle, coffee, wallet, keys, and my phone, having a tote bag is a life saver! Tote bags are perfect for carrying all of your daily essentials, and they’re super cute. Tote bags are not only the best way to carry everything you need, but they’re also an aesthetic accessory to add into any look.

Sometimes, alternating your wardrobe every year is an intimidating thing to do. These are just a few ideas for you to add into your wardrobe for this year. Fashion is the best way to express yourself and your creativity, and all of these ideas are a perfect start to get you set up for Fall 2022. 

Kayla Freibott

Bucknell '25

Hi! My name is Kayla and I am a Political Science/Legal Studies major at Bucknell University. I am a plant lover who loves to learn and spread positivity!