This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

The chaos of starting the school year is winding down, the weather is about to get a little cooler, and it is the beginning of cuffing season. It feels like the perfect time to cuddle up with a romantic movie and a pumpkin spice latte. If you have already seen classics like When Harry Met Sally dozens of times, here are some more off-beat romantic movies that you might want to give a watch.

1. Palm Springs (2020)

If you liked your rom-coms a little sci-fi, this is the perfect movie for you. 

1. What If (2013)

This quirky rom-com is criminally underrated, and randomly has a star studded cast. Daniel Radcliffe? Adam Driver? It is a must see.

1. Love and Other Drugs (2010)

Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhall kill it in this movie that is somehow including romance, Parkinson’s disease, and the invention of viagra. 

1. My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997)

Maybe this movie isn’t underrated, but it is definitely a twist on the classic romantic comedy. Watch this movie if you want to see a great ending, even if it’s not the one you would expect.

1. Someone Great (2019)

This retable movie is more of a love letter to friendship than romance. Don’t expect to have dry eyes the entire movie, but expect to enjoy the ride three best friends go on as they navigate a time period of change in their lives. 

1. The Last Five Years (2014)

A musical about the unraveling of a marriage. Anna Kendrick and Jeremy Jordan take you on a journey along all of their ups and downs through great music.

1. Crazy Stupid Love (2011)

Everyone’s seen Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone in La La Land, but not everyone knows that they were romantically opposite each other before in Crazy Stupid Love. Their chemistry shines in this movie, as well as the energy of the rest of the ensemble cast (including Steve Carell!).

1. 17 Again (2009)

One of my favorite movies of all time. This Zac Efron flick is well worth revisiting.

Hi, I'm Liz Lagerback, a senior at Bucknell University who is loves to read and write! I'm majoring in Psychology and English, and am from Chanhassen, Minnesota.