This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Spring has sprung and it’s finally time to go back outdoors! It’s the perfect time to hear the birds chirping, see the flowers blooming, and enjoy the warmth of the sun. Here at Bucknell, it’s also the perfect time to move your studying back outdoors and get in touch with nature. Here’s a list of some of the best outdoor study locations on campus for any mood you might be in.

For the Extrovert…

If you love to see all your friends then the Malesardi Quad is the place for you! Being that this is the main quad on campus, it’s the perfect spot to grab one of the multiple chairs or lay down a blanket and start your studying. On a nice day there’s always some action, usually a game of spikeball, so there’s always something to see! Even better, if your computer battery gets low, the library is right there, probably wishing you were with it.

For the STEM lovers…

If you happen to be a STEM major, you might already know about this local study spot. The science quad, which happens to be right down the sidewalk from the main quad, is another excellent study location. In this place you’ll find picnic tables, chairs, and the occasional physics class doing an experiment outside. This is a great location for anyone who might have a class in one of the science buildings right nearby. It also has some spots to sit with more shade if you might worry about a sunburn.

For when you need a Coffee…

If you like to have a little snack or need some caffeine in your appetite, then the picnic tables outside of 7th Street Cafe are what you need. Walk inside, grab a drink, and bring it back out to your very own picnic table. This location is wonderful, especially if you live downhill and don’t feel like venturing all the way to the quad. It’s also much more quiet and definitely less commotion throughout your studying period.

For the Study Group…

There are a few wonderful outdoor pavilions on Bucknell’s campus. Outside of Rooke and Academic West, you can find pavilions full of picnic tables that are perfect when working on a group project or when you and your friends might have a big test to study for. It’s a nice and shady location for all your outdoor studying needs.

These are a few of the many outdoor studying spots on Bucknell’s campus! My challenge for you is to venture out and discover one for yourself! 

Olivia is a Computer Science major at Bucknell. Aside from her love of the sciences, she has a strong appreciation for the arts, literature, and writing.