Life > Experiences

Supporting Bucknell Students in the Best Way Possible

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

On November 13 this year I had the opportunity to see Bucknell’s Bison Girls dance team and Bucknell’s female a capella group The Silhouettes perform at a local venue in Lewisburg. As a student, it is usually difficult to find time to go to performances or games when there is a never-ending amount of homework to complete. However, when one finds glimpses of spare time on weekends or special weekends, it is really worth your while to check out what events are being offered. 

Getting out of the library and your room and focusing on the event or performance in front of you can be really calming and fun. It is a good alternative to sitting in your room and turning on a TV show. During the pandemic, I felt as though people really lost touch with live performances and forgot the magic of seeing something performed in-person. You really get to focus on the present and what is happening in that moment. Seeing live performances at school lets you step out of your spaces of homework and studying, and forget your stresses and worries at least for a little while.
The Bison Girls did an absolutely fantastic job with so many different dances from duets to entire group performances to a variety of different songs. Hearing The Silhouettes live was also beautiful to hear. You do not hear live music often as a Bucknell student in Lewisburg. For a $10 ticket, I had an amazing experience and I would encourage everyone to go to a live event, especially to see these two groups.

Kendall is from central NJ and is a strong lover of a bacon, egg, and cheese on a sunny Sunday morning.