“Non-Sexy” Halloween Costumes for Every Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

It’s time yet again for girls to break out their brassieres, fishnet tights, and animal ears for the biggest theme party all year: Halloween night. But…wait a second. What about the girls who don’t want to dress as “sexy cops”? Where’s the aisle in Spirit Halloween labeled “non-sexy” Halloween costumes? Ladies, I’m right there with ya…and although that aisle is non-existent, it doesn’t mean you have to dress like Karen from Mean Girls as a “mouse…duh.” Check out these hilariously cool “non-sexy” costume ideas that you can DIY and totally rock this Halloween.

Real-life Emojis: Are your text messages entirely composed of those adorable small pictures instead of actual words? These costumes are for you, girl.

Human Pinterest Board: Take your “Food” and “Fashion” Inspiration Boards to the next level by making them your costume.

Deviled Egg, not a sexy Devil: A clever, hilarious take on the classic Devil costume…

Golden Girls, not a Pin-Up Girl: Who said old ladies aren’t cool?

Medusa…but cooler: Your favorite sassy Greek goddess just became your next best Halloween costume.

The “We Can Do It!” Lady: She’s fun, spunky and strong…three things a girl should be, even on Halloween.

Beekeeper, not a sexy Bee: Ditch the wings and black leotard to instead imitate someone who saves bees…we all love our honey, right?!

Besty Ross, or any other favorite female historical figure: Be the girl that sewed the American Flag, not the girl who’s wearing one around her chest.

This Halloween, don’t be afraid to try something totally goofy or unique. Embrace the night of dressing up, and have fun with your costume… ’cause if you’re having a spooktacular time, others will want to celebrate with you, too!

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com