This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Ah, Valentine’s Day! A day filled with love for a special someone…or a movie character. Let’s be honest, it is a great excuse to binge-watch romantic comedies all day. Although this is something that can be done solo, grabbing your closest girlfriends for a girls’ night in is a more than lovely way to spend an evening. Need help deciding on what to watch? Say no more! 

In no particular order, here are my top rom-com recommendations for your GALentine’s movie night:

1. 27 Dresses

Jane (Katherine Heigl) is the greatest example of the phrase “Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.” She is always there for others, willing to stand by them at the altar while wearing some of the most outlandish bridesmaid dresses. In fact, she has a closet full of dresses (27 to be exact). When her sister Tess (Malin Akerman) becomes engaged to the guy she’s secretly in love with, Jane starts to rethink her role as a bridesmaid. All the while, Kevin (James Marsden), a charming reporter, is more interested in Jane’s story than Tess’s wedding. Every time I watch this one, Bennie and the Jets by Elton John plays in my head for the remainder of the week (iykyk).

1. Crazy Stupid Love

Cal Weaver, played by the wonderful Steve Carell, is facing a divorce that destroys his self-confidence. With the help of a player named Jacob, played by the suave Ryan Gosling, Cal learns how to become a lady’s man. While audiences see Cal’s story develop, they simultaneously see Jacob fall for Hannah, played by the lovely Emma Stone. With a star-studded cast, this romantic comedy will not fail at making you laugh out loud. 

1. How to Be Single

This pick may not be your typical rom-com, but it will certainly have you falling in love with the characters. After college, Alice (Dakota Johnson) makes the decision to take a break from her boyfriend. She moves to New York to pursue a job as a paralegal where she starts working alongside avid party-goer, Robin (Rebel Wilson). With the help of Robin, Alice learns the essentials of being single. This movie showcases multiple storylines, so it resonates with everyone whether they are choosing to be single or actively looking for love.

1. 10 Things I Hate About You

I mean c’mon, you know I have to include this one! This 90s teen rom-com follows Kat Stratford (Julia Stiles), a girl who is not like other girls, especially her sister, Bianca (Larisa Oleynik), who desperately wants to date. Due to a dating stipulation enforced by their father, Bianca cannot date until Kat does. Although Kat has no desire of dating, Patrick Verona (Heath Ledger) suddenly comes into the picture not by fate, but by a secret bribe. Time after time, this movie always ends up on my watchlist.

Madi is a senior Markets, Innovation, & Design major from Danville, Pennsylvania who intends to pursue a career in public relations/social media marketing. In her free time, you'll find Madi journaling, watching Gilmore Girls, or creating art in some way.