The Most Romantic Spots on Bucknell’s Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

When it comes to aesthetics, Bucknell’s campus gets a solid 10/10. Even in the dead of winter, Bucknell sure is pretty to look at. With its sloping green lawns and lovely small town charm, Bucknell is the ideal location to earn a degree, especially one in chemistry. And I’m not just talking orgo, friends. There’s a reason why 15% of Bucknellians marry fellow Bison: Bucknell is a great place to fall in love. This campus has the potential to make your wildest, most rom-com worthy fantasies come true. Don’t believe me? Check out this definitive list of Bucknell’s most romantic on-campus locations for proof.

Amami

When it comes to ideal date spots, Amami is a no-brainer. The indie/alternative tunes, the rustic chic décor, and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee make it the perfect place to grab brunch with the one that you love. Amami’s low-key, NYC vibes will undoubtedly set the mood for you and your significant other, whether that significant other be a human being or a devastatingly handsome-looking breakfast wrap. Take your pick.

The Poetry Path

Who needs long walks on the beach when you’ve got long walks through downtown Lewisburg? But actually, Bucknell’s Poetry Path is unbelievably picturesque. The bucolic stillness of this endearing little walkway is extremely conducive to good conversation. So what are you waiting for? Grab your lover by the hand and take a stroll down the Poetry Path. Get to know one another. If he compares thee to a summer’s day along the way, you know he’s a keeper.

The Lamppost Back on 6th Street

“When I’m away

I will remember how you kissed me

Under the lamp post down on 6th street

Hearing you whisper through the phone…”

Because who doesn’t wish that their life could be an Ed Sheeran song? As you and your beloved make the trek from the downtown houses back to your place uphill, be sure to make a pit stop at 6th Street. Stake your claim under one of Lewisburg’s signature three-globe lampposts and smooch away. It’s the perfect way to end (or kick off) a romantic night together.

The Quad

Order takeout at around 5 p.m. and have them deliver to Bertrand, because Bucknell’s quad is definitely a prime picnic setting. Spend the evening sprawled out on the grass together, eating Chinese food and watching the sunset; it doesn’t get much more romantic than that. Pro tip: the little things make all the difference. Try pouring your beverage (booze if you’re over 21) of choice into mason jars for that authentic picnic feel. Don’t have a gingham picnic blanket lying around your dorm? No problem. The tapestry from Urban hanging up on your wall will do the trick.

An Empty Study Room in AcWest

Take this one as you will.

Happy Valentine’s Day, Bucknell!