Making the most of your winter break!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.
Looking back we’re not really sure how it flew by so fast, but here we are, another semester closer to graduation. The best part about the end of fall semester is the month long rest we have before we jump back into the swing of things here at Bucknell in January. Once we finish our finals on the 16th, we are jetting out of here to officially begin our winter break! 
Here are a few tips on how to make the most of your month long hiatus:
1. Shopping – After all, ‘tis the season of gift gifting… for friends, family, and maybe a little for yourself! There are tons of sales and specials going on, so make sure to maximize on them while you’re at home.
2. Reading – For some of you, the last thing you’d be caught doing on break is picking up another book, but for others of us we’re dying to dive into some reading that is no way related to our courses. If you need some suggestions here are some of my favorites:
“The Hunger Games” trilogy – Suzanne Collins (the movie is coming out in March so you’ll be all caught up!)
“Sarah’s Key” – Tatiana de Rosnay 
“Pillars of the Earth” – Ken Follett 
“Night Road” – Kristin Hannah
3. Catch up on tv and movies – Lets be real, we’re all college students and there’s nothing we do better than lounging on our beds or on the sofa. Put that Netflix subscription to use and go episode by episode through some of televisions greatest series. Again, if you need a hint, try “Friday Night Lights,” “Mad Men,” or “Revenge.”
4. Activities – Everyone at Bucknell is so involved with school that we rarely have time to enjoy ourselves. Winter break is the perfect time to take a few days to do things we never have time for. You can go ice-skating, take a ski trip, or take on a big project at home that you’ve been putting off for months… like finally cleaning out your closet! 
5. Relax! – Don’t forget to fully embrace break by spending some much-needed down time with your friends and family. Go get coffee with some of your friends from high school or take the time to run errands with your siblings to catch up for lost time apart. 
By the time we look at the calendar it’ll be January and we’ll be ready to head back to Bucknell for the spring semester. We’ll be fully recharged and ready to tackle all the things Spring semester has in store for us, like…. classes, house party, spring break, & chrysalis! 
Enjoy the holiday season!
Cameron is a senior at Bucknell University pursuing degrees in English and Theatre. Born and raised in suburban Philadelphia, she is a member of Delta Gamma sorority and recently spent a semester abroad in London (tea and scones galore!). Her favorite things include (but are not limited to) anything with the word "coffee" in it, her two shih tzus, peppermint gum, reality tv, and spending time with family and friends. She also enjoys experimenting in the kitchen, dancing, staying active, and singing. Her claim to fame? She was a street shoutout on the show "Cash Cab".