This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

We’re almost at the peak of spooky season and that means Halloween is super duper soon! I have many friends that have had their costumes (yes, not just a costume but costumes) planned since the summer, but for me, I’m just figuring out what I will be dressing up as this week. I’ve done lots of brainstorming, from the scary to the trendy, and have compiled a list of costumes for both me and you! Now, behold: My top ten last-minute Halloween costumes that will be sure to help you get through the spooky-scaries of planning your own!

1. Wordle: Word on the street is that this is my favorite idea for this Halloween and for two reasons: 1 I find it so funny, and 2 being that it’s so easy to make that you could create it the day of! All you need is a white t-shirt, a big piece of cardboard and some construction paper and/or markers! You can pick any 5 letter word you think would suit it best and have some fun making a simple diy costume.
  2. Vampire: “I vant your costume” is what people will be saying to you as soon as they see how simple but well curated it will be. All you need to do is take your coolest or chicest all black attire, and throw it on. Finish it off with a vibrant red lipstick and smear that down one half of your face and voila, a vampire costume fit for a queen.
  3. Sheet Ghost: Boo… This is probably the easiest last minute costume to create. You need a sheet and scissors. Cut two eye holes in a sheet and wear it around to look like a ghost from any classic halloween cartoon. You can even go crazy and accessorize with a fun hat (e.g. a pirate hat would make you a pirate ghost, add a tiara and you can be a princess ghost). Whatever you desire to add will make it just as fun!
  4. The Met Gala: What was your favorite look from the Met Gala this year? If you want to take some inspiration from your favorite looks, this costume can be fun if it’s last minute. The Met Gala is where fashion and creativity are at their highest, so take a dress from your closet or your local thrift store and go wild with accessories, hair, and makeup!
  5. Eleven from Stranger Things: This is a simple pop culture oldie but goodie. Buy a box of eggos from your supermarket or grocery store, and put on a pink dress and jean jacket. The last part of this costume is a little bit of fake blood from your nose (you can honestly use some red lipstick for this) and you can live out all your Stranger Things dreams. 
  6. The Teletubbies: This is a super simple and cheap group costume if you have four people. All you each need is a headband, a solid colored shirt, and pipe cleaners that match the shirts. Take the pipe cleaners and fold them into the shapes of the four teletubbies heads on your headbands and tah-dah, you can now be the teletubbies.
  7. Olivia Rodrigo: This girl has so many well known outfits, that you could do any one you want! Let’s focus on her Sour album cover for example. You would need a sheet of cute stickers, a pink cami top, and a blue plaid skirt. Put these together and people might mistake you for Olivia Rodrigo herself.
  8. Tourist: This is another basic costume, but let your creativity fly and you can customize it however you’d like! All you need is a tropical print shirt and shorts. From there, you could add whatever you’d like: bucket hat, binoculars, backpack, etc.
  9. Pong: This is a funny and creative costume for two people. You need black shirts, ping pong balls and red solo cups. Attach the red cups to your shirts in the form of a pyramid with hot glue, and you’ve become a human pong game!
  10. Euphoria: It’s more of a theme than a costume, but it’s sure to be popular this Halloween season. All you need to do is create your most outrageous, funky, fun makeup look, and wear it with an outfit you would put on for a night out. It’s super easy and lets you show your creativity!

Hopefully, these costumes help or inspire you during this spooky season! Happy Haunts!!!

Olivia is a Computer Science major at Bucknell. Aside from her love of the sciences, she has a strong appreciation for the arts, literature, and writing.