This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

It’s midterm season and as the semester is half way over, now comes all the stress of papers and exams and the loss of motivation to go to class and study. If you’re feeling like this, you’re not alone. Every other student is probably feeling what you’re feeling, at least to some degree. I am here to tell you how to get over the slump!

1. Make sure you go to class! These days classes don’t look the same for everyone. With a mix of zoom, in-person, and hybrid classes, it might be hard to find the motivation to get out of bed and go to class. That being said, showing up to class in whatever capacity your class allows will help. Not only will it help you for your midterm, but it will also make your professors feel appreciated in these crazy times. 

2. Don’t procrastinate. This is easier said than done and I, too, am guilty of leaving all my work until last minute. But it’s better to not leave everything for Sunday night and instead, do little bits at a time so as to not overwhelm yourself with all of your work at once. If you’re free during the weekdays after class, do your work.

3. Get sleep! This is a big one and especially with Covid-19, it is important to stay healthy and sleep is a big part of that. It is also important that you’re not cranky because then you’ll be miserable throughout the day trying to focus on school and work. I don’t know if this is just me, but with it getting darker and darker earlier, my body gets tired earlier so a good night’s sleep is important. If you cannot get a good night’s sleep, drink coffee! It will become your best friend.

4. Make sure you take time to yourself and do something you love. Hang out with your friends, watch your favorite show, listen to your favorite music, read a book, or sit outside (weather permitting). It is so easy to overbook your schedule and not have time to relax, but relaxation is necessary. 

The end of this semester may seem like a long ways away but before you know it, it’ll be Thanksgiving turned into a long winter break and you’ll be wanting to come back. We have one month left so let’s make it a good one!

Gracie is currently a senior at Bucknell University expecting to graduate this upcoming spring. On campus she is a part of a wide variety of clubs and organizations.
Isobel Lloyd

Bucknell '21

New York ~ Bucknell