Anna Schultz-Friends On Hike
Anna Schultz-Friends On Hike
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Wellness

Hot Girl Walking: Bucknell Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

As we are entering the month of November in Lewisburg, it is super important to take advantage of the days with clear skies and temperatures above freezing. One of my absolute favorite ways to take some time to unwind and enjoy the outdoors is to go on a hot girl walk.

The term ‘hot girl walk’ popularized during the pandemic, but for anyone who doesn’t know Urban Dictionary defines it as, “a 4 mile walk to achieve your fitness and mental health goals”. 

There are so many ways to spice up your hot girl walks! A hot girl walk can be incentivized on days that we are lacking motivation. Here in Lewisburg, a coffee from Amami or a bagel from All Star are two of my favorite encouragements. I make a deal with myself that on my way home from my hot girl walk I can make a stop to treat myself. My favorite place to hot girl walk is the rail trail, which stretches over 9 miles (I have yet to walk the full 9!) and conveniently begins right next to the coffee shop ‘Rail Trail’- another great coffee shop!

A hot girl walk can be shared between hot girls- my friends and I love to go on hot girl walks on Sunday mornings (mornings usually being around 1pm LOL) with an All Star bagel incitement waiting for us at the end, encouraging our walk. This walk serves as a perfect time to debrief the past week while also getting our bodies moving and enjoying the beautiful nature around us. 

Hot girl walks can be independent as well. I try to go on a hot girl walk before my classes begin a few days a week. During this time I usually listen to music- varying from any Taylor Swift song to Maneater by Nelly Furtado, depending on my mood. There are countless hot girl walk playlists on Spotify and Apple Music available as well. Not to mention- a podcast is a wonderful addition to a hot girl walk! I have to be honest that sometimes I am deterred from listening to my true crime podcasts when I am walking alone, but there are so many other options! 

I love to take this time and call my mom or other relatives, as it is a perfect opportunity to catch up with people you don’t see regularly. I feel very comfortable talking about anything during this time, and it is nice to have a bit of privacy when catching up with friends and family.

Now what does one wear on a hot girl walk? Personally, I sport activewear. Feeling comfortable and confident is KEY for a great hot girl walk. Although this might sound silly, having a pocket is crucial in my hot girl walk wardrobe; I can’t stand to hold my phone in my hand when hot girl walking. Even though I love to listen to music, I feel more ‘disconnected’ from everything if my hands are free. 

On the other hand, this is also a great opportunity to literally disconnect from everything. You can leave your phone and airpods behind and take this time to just think- or not!- and relax. Moving our bodies everyday is so important and soaking in these warmer days is so essential!

Jenna DeLuccia

Bucknell '26

Hey! My name is Jenna DeLuccia and I am a student at Bucknell University from Franklin Lakes, New Jersey! I love to go to the Jersey shore and NYC, take spin classes, travel, spend time with my friends and family, and hot girl walk outside :)