This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Autumn is the time to pull your sweaters and boots out of the attic, go apple picking with family and friends, or visit a corn maze. It’s also the time of year when many fruits and vegetables are in season and tasting their best – people enjoy cooking during the fall months because many fresh ingredients are in their prime, the weather is beginning to chill, and comfort food season is beginning.  

Some of the best fruits and vegetables to enjoy during the fall months include pumpkin, beets, sweet potatoes, spaghetti squash, kale, pears, okra, apples, and parsnips. These foods are full of healthy vitamins such as vitamin A and C; they’re good for your eyes and blood pressure, they’re heart healthy, and they’re a good source of fiber. And, while you can eat these foods by themselves, there are also a variety of recipes for breakfast, dinner, lunch, and even dessert that create delicious and fresh meals. Below I have linked four of my favorite recipes that are perfect to enjoy during the autumn season: 

Butternut Squash and Green Bean Stew 

This recipe is unique and simple with basic and heart healthy ingredients such as butternut squash, crushed tomatoes, green beans, and onion. Some more of the unique ingredients are coconut milk, ginger, turmeric, and dried curry leaves. It’s delicious and will certainly keep you warm as the weather begins to cool. 

Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls

As most of us probably know, fall is the season of pumpkin spice…everything. These delicious cinnamon rolls are perfect to get you in the autumn mood and are just the comfort food you need to jump start your day or even to end it!

Pumpkin Ravioli

Pumpkin ravioli is one of the easiest and most delicious seasonal foods. Whether making it from scratch or getting it from the freezer aisle of your local grocery store, you can mix it with an easy butter and sage sauce for a delicious well balanced meal. 

Sweet Potato Gnocchi

Sweet potato Gnocchi are an easy and amazing way to get your proteins and vitamins in while still having a meal you enjoy the taste of. This specific recipe combines sweet potato, maple syrup, ricotta, flour, and egg with a variety of spices to make the perfect fall dough. It even gives you the option to create a maple bacon sauce to go with. 

Kelly Troop

Bucknell '25

Kelly Troop is a rising Sophomore at Bucknell University with an intended literary studies major. She enjoys reading historical fiction and mystery and writing fiction. Once she graduates, she hopes to pursue a career in journalism, publishing, or editing. In addition to writing and reading, she enjoys cooking, spending time with friends, and playing sports.