This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

On Friday, March 17th, Taylor Swift took to the stage in Glendale, AZ and performed 44 songs for 69,000 fans. This turnout was larger than the Super Bowl held in the same stadium just a month prior. Super fans, or swifties, knew to expect the unexpected. Taylor has taught us, through Easter Eggs (small hints), to search for what is not there, and sometimes is right there. Her performance on the 17th lasted for 3 hours with songs from all of her eras (Debut, Fearless, Speak Now, Red, 1989, Reputation, Lover, Folklore, Evermore and Midnights) hence the title, The Eras Tour. 

Taylor changed her costume 16 times throughout the show- each of the many outfits matched with the era belonging to the sets and albums. On her second night in Glendale, her outfits followed the same format but were different from night one. It seems Swift is playing a surprise song at each show, changing up the show to make it new and fun for each group. Because of social media, there are really no surprises in shows as everything is already online. Starting on her 1989 tour, she would surprise fans at each show, with special guests like Idina Menzel, Selena Gomez, Pitbull, and more. She continued this in her Reputation tour, playing older songs acoustically, sending fans into a frenzy!

Speculations about the song she was opening with were deeply discussed. Many fans assumed her new hit “Lavender Haze” would open the performance, due to the first line “Meet me at midnight”, and midnights being her most recent album featuring a collection of feelings throughout her album eras. Nobody could have expected Miss Americana and The Heartbreak Prince to open the show, let alone the tour. This song is not mainstream and doesn’t include anything we could deduce from her hints. At the same time, this was a great choice and sets the tone for the show. Her light-up bracelets, which are given to every concert goer there, allow her to see everyone in the stadium from her vantage point on the stage. They are also programmed to follow the songs and produce beautiful light work coinciding with the songs. 

With all the surprises and more that Taylor provides, there’s even more that the fans alone do on the tour. Some make friendship bracelets with Taylor Swift-related jokes, quotes, and more beaded on them. Others will come up with captivating costumes. Many will draw 13s on their hand and decorate with glitter in honor of the singer’s lucky number. And if you’re still unsure that this is the tour of the century, Glendale, Arizona’s mayor renamed the city “Swift City”, after the show stopping singer, Miss Taylor Alison Swift. If you didn’t manage to get tickets, don’t worry! On Tik Tok, you’re able to search for the tour and pick the date of your choice to view hundreds of videos from that night!

Julia is a first year at Bucknell University. Currently, she is aiming to major in Psychology and minor in Social Justices. When she is not writing she is running or getting an iced coffee. She loves cats, books, and Taylor Swift!