1000 Awesome Things About Bucknell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.
Awesome Thing #3 – Swiped Booths at 7th Street Café 
This café seems like the answer to all your problems, especially during Midterms week. You tried to go to the library to get your work done and a. ran into a zillion people who were more than willing to chat as a means of procrastination, b. moved to the couches room (at least it’s quiet?) but ended up passing out – so damn comfy, or c. chose complete isolation but zoned out to the inside of your cubicle for the last twenty minutes. You figure at 7th St. you can slide into a booth, have an outlet at the ready and get your work done with fun but not overwhelming music. Perfect solution! But when you get to 7th St., you realize each booth is taken and even worse, some of these people look like they’re tucked in for an all nighter! At this point, you’re already justifying going home and going to sleep – no big deal, not like you really wanted to graduate anyway. Then you suddenly notice someone who is shifting their stuff and may actually be packing up to go! Shamelessly, you wander over and hover for a bit. When they finally make moves, you slide into your awesomely swiped booth. If you feel like a victory dance, go for it – everyone in there will totally understand. 
Awesome Thing #4 – Class Consensus to Leave
It has happened before and it will happen again. If it’s too short notice, professors, instead of emailing, will ask someone in their department to put up a sign outside the classroom saying that the class is canceled. However, that person may forget to follow through with this incredibly helpful signage. So the entire class is sitting there discussing the odds that the professor is late or if this class is actually cancelled. Somewhere between ten and fifteen minutes after the class was supposed to begin, there is the possibility of a consensus being reached. The challenging part is to have everyone in the classroom on the same page. No one wants to be the one kid that left when the professor shows up. And even if a few stay behind and the professor shows up, it’ll make everyone else look bad. So the range of students must agree: from the kid who shows up so rarely you’re not even sure he or she is in the class to the student who has made it his or her life goal to become best friends with the professor.  It is when these varied student types pull an awesome Breakfast Club moment that the group is in agreement and it is indeed 100% time to peace out of that class. 

Want to contribute your favorite thing about Bucknell?  Email Courtney Bottazzi!  Courtney.Bottazzi@bucknell.edu

Cameron is a senior at Bucknell University pursuing degrees in English and Theatre. Born and raised in suburban Philadelphia, she is a member of Delta Gamma sorority and recently spent a semester abroad in London (tea and scones galore!). Her favorite things include (but are not limited to) anything with the word "coffee" in it, her two shih tzus, peppermint gum, reality tv, and spending time with family and friends. She also enjoys experimenting in the kitchen, dancing, staying active, and singing. Her claim to fame? She was a street shoutout on the show "Cash Cab".