The 10 Fall Instagrammers We All Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

Instagram is a curious creature. Regardless of who we follow, we seem to have the same distribution of photos across our newsfeeds: selfies, entrees, sunsets, lattes, costumes, collages, the list could go on. Fall-themed pictures are no exception. These ten types of instagrammers are the ones you’re sure to see across the season. Whether they filter their images through X-Pro II or Lo-Fi, these Instagrammers supply enough atmospheric fall photos to give you your entire supply of seasonal charm without having to step foot outdoors.

1. The Foliage Fanatic

To this Instagrammer, every single leaf is different. Red leaves, yellow leaves, orange leaves, green leaves with just a hint of yellow at the edges, copper leaves – this Instagrammer wants to immortalize them all. The colors change more as they shift through filters. From Rise to Valencia, the colors this Instagrammer can produce are endless.

2. The Professional Photographer

Every time this Instagrammer pops up in your news feed it’s as if you’re following a National Geographic photo-shoot. Their images are intensely vivid: you can see the intricacies of every leaf, the drops of dew on each blade of grass. It’s as if these pictures were taken professionally, and perhaps they were! They’re a sensory joy and a true depiction of all the season has to offer.

3. The Scholar

The extent of this Instagrammer’s use of foliage is almost equal to his or her literary prowess. Beneath each image of quaint park benches, street signs, fountains, and statues is a soft blanket of Technicolor leaves. But if that isn’t enough to warm the hearts of even the most rigid, the photo is accompanied by a caption. Some quote Charles Dickens or Jane Austen, others may choose Henry David Thoreau or Robert Frost. The possibilities are endless. Either way, just one look at this user’s account will enrich your senses and your intellect.

4. Old Reliable

You know it by three simple letters: P. S. L. Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Latte presents the most predictable and exceedingly-autumnal opportunity for a photo op. It’s everything you want out of the season: warmth, spice, comfort, frothed and frosted into one delicious drink. This Instagrammer scarcely passes up an opportunity to snap a pic of this iconic drink. You may note small variations: lid on, lid off, no whip, no foam, and a little doodle from the barista on the side. Regardless, the contents are the same. If you stare at the picture long enough, you just might be able to taste it.  

5. The Alternative Beverage User

This Instagrammer may not be on the Starbuck’s PSL wavelength, but she sure loves her fall drinks: pumpkin coffee, hot apple cider, or something creative more creative like pumpkin hot chocolate or caramel apple cider. She floods your newsfeeds with her alternative beverage choices and uses a variety of filters to show you that her drink is the best drink.

6. The Costume Aficionado

This Instagrammer’s favorite part of fall is undeniably Halloween. She came back to school with a trunk full of accessories and still finds reasons to dash over to the dollar store and Wal-Mart to find even more. Halloween and Halloweekend are more than just days for this Instagrammer: they’re opportunities that ones must be Instagrammed. Her account is marked by creativity and versatility. Expect a different photo and a different costume from this Instagrammer each and every night.

7. The Autumn Sunset

The Autumn Sunset photographer is likely a sunset photographer year round. However, their fall photos show a few yellow leaves peaking into the corners of their square frame, or thinning branches that hint at the chill in the air. A little clichéd, yes, but still gorgeous.

8. The Autumn Selfie

A slight variation of The Autumn Sunset, the Autumn Selfie photographer is likely one who delights in the selfie 12 months out of the year. However, these selfies are ones of the Instagrammer curled up in bed with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book, or walking through yellowing trees with her hair flowing in the breeze. She melds the scenery into her selfie. This attention to detail is probably something all selfie artists could learn from.

9. The Pumpkin Patch Photographer

This Instagrammer has a keen sense of location, location, location. You’re likely to find them hanging out at corn mazes, orchards, or farmers markets and snapping pictures of pumpkins, gourds, fresh cider donuts, and homemade pumpkin pie. They actively seek out their autumn destination, turning what was once a social media update into a full-fledged hobby.

10. The Fall-Themed Throwbacker

This Instagrammer floods your news feed with throwbacks of themselves dressed as adorable baby pumpkins on their first Halloween, or pigging out at their first real Thanksgiving. They have no shame in sharing their chubby-cheeked baby memories with each of their followers – some may say they even enjoy it. They #tbt pictures from It’s The Great Pumpkin or A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and their elementary school’s Halloween parades, filling your newsfeed with nostalgia and entertainment.

Elizabeth is a senior at Bucknell University, majoring in English and Spanish. She was born and raised in Northern New Jersey, always with hopes of one day pursuing a career as a journalist. She worked for her high school paper and continues to work on Bucknell’s The Bucknellian as a senior writer. She has fervor for frosting, creamy delights, and all things baking, an affinity for classic rock music, is a collector of bumper stickers and postcards, and is addicted to Zoey Deschanel in New Girl. Elizabeth loves anything coffee flavored, the Spanish language, and the perfect snowfall. Her weakness? Brunch. See more of her work at www.elizabethbacharach.wordpress.com