Style > Beauty

Your Makeup Guide to Embracing “Living Coral”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

From a new semester of classes to extensive preparations for the summer, our entrance into 2019 thus far has brought about chaos and stress. Luckily, 2019 has also shown her sympathetic side and gifted us with Pantone’s Color of the Year, Living Coral! Warm, pretty, and perfectly wearable, Living Coral might be one of the most skin-flattering colors to grace Pantone’s hall of fame, and here are the best products to help you incorporate it:

1. Huda Beauty Obsessions Palette in Coral.

Photo credit: shophudabeauty.com

Let’s start off with the most obvious choice, the Huda Beauty Coral Obsessions Palette. Miss Huda Kattan was showing off her psychic sixth sense when she released this back in mid-2018, just a few months before Pantone announced their winner. With two duochrome shimmers and seven mattes of varying shades, this palette is the perfect choice for embodying Living Coral. 

2. ColourPop Sol Palette.

Photo credit: colourpop.com

This guy offers the same color scheme and utility as the Huda Beauty palette, but for less than half the price! With multiple blinding metallic shades and pretty coral mattes, this super pigmented palette is the perfect tool for creating a warm, sunset-esque look. 

3. Glossier Cloud Paint in Dawn and Beam.

Photo credit: glossier.com

Enough about the eyes, let’s get to the cheeks! Easily blendable and endlessly forgiving, Glossier’s Cloud Paint is every on-the-go girl’s favorite blush; just pop a dot on your cheeks and pat away! Described as a “sunny coral,” the shade Dawn gives deeper-skinned makeup lovers a lovely flush of color. On the other hand, her sister Beam, described as a “soft peach,” does the same for lighter-skinned users. 

4. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion and Incandescent Electra.

Photo credit: hourglasscosmetics.com

Got a big tax return this time around? Maybe think about treating yourself with one of the most gorgeous blushes on the market, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush. They’re lightweight, radiant (you can skip the highlighter with this one), blurring, and perfect for your makeup collection. 

5. Nars Sheer Lipstick in Barbarella.

Photo credit: narscosmetics.com

We can’t forget about the lips! Infused with glycerin and a variety of natural oils, this Nars lipstick is the perfect choice for your everyday look. It’ll give your lips the prettiest wash of color and a subtle sheen, and I assure you that it will become your holy grail MLBB product. With its cult-classic concealers, amazing shade ranges, and iconic blushes, Nars really can do no wrong.

6. 3CE: Take-A-Layer Multipot in Diotima.

Photo credit: en.stylenanda.com

When it comes to warm pinks and corals, no brand does it better than South Korea’s cult-classic brand 3CE. A multipurpose product that can bring a flush of color to your eyes, lips, and cheeks, this compact is your answer if you’re looking for that all-in-one moment.

With tax returns coming in and warmer days right around the corner, it feels like now is the best time to get your hands on some of these products! What are you waiting for?

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Charlie Ough is a junior at CAS studying English. Aside from writing, his interests include makeup, skincare, and Mariah Carey.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.