This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Last Saturday, I was strolling down Bay State road when out of nowhere, I began to sneeze uncontrollably. It was like some evil curse had taken over, causing my body to convulse and emit noises at weren’t human. But no, what happened to me was far worse. Allergy season had begun. But despite all my “achoo-ing” and un-lady-like sputtering, I knew had something to be happy about because my seasonal sneezes also happen to mark the beginning of spring.

To me, spring is all about new beginnings. You can put away all your bulky winter clothes, spend more time outside, and just generally feel lighter and brighter all season long. A great way to keep this spring momentum going is by doing some spring cleaning. Clearing out clutter and getting into all those hard-to-reach corners can help you feel refreshed and ready for whatever the rest of the year has in store. Plus, giving everything a good dusting can help out with seasonal allergies.

However, I also realize that it’s hard to find the motivation to do a deep cleaning of everything you own. So, I’ve created a little playlist to jam out to while you tidy up and celebrate the beginning of spring:

“9 to 5” by Dolly Parton

This song is the ultimate motivator. Nothing makes me want to get up and take on the world like Dolly Parton’s “9 to 5.” The driving beat and catchy chorus turn my afternoon of cleaning into a one woman show.

Bonus points if you watch the 9 to 5 movie while doing your spring cleaning.

“Rather Be” by Clean Bandit (featuring Jess Glynne)

The fun electro-pop vibes of this song help to pass the time while doing chores. It’s hard to resist the urge to dance along to the uplifting lyrics. The song’s use of violins and synth samples also make this song stand out in a sea of similar-sounding pop songs.

“Walking on a Dream” by Empire of the Sun

Empire of the Sun’s retro funk sound makes me feel really nostalgic for past summers. “Walking on a Dream” is the kind of song that makes me want to look through my entire closet so I can find that one sundress I wore to the state fair last August. And in the process I do a good amount of decluttering.

“Magic in the Hamptons” by Social House and Little Yachty

“Magic in the Hamptons” is a new rap song that has an addictive hook. Social House and Little Yachty motivate me to get all my cleaning out of the way so I can go out and find that Hamptons beach magic they are singing about.

“Let’s have a Kiki” By Scissor Sisters

I can’t help but smile when I listen to this song. The Scissor Sisters’ playful lead singer and bizarre lyrics keep me laughing while I put away my winter sweaters.

“Mr. Blue Sky” by Electric Light Orchestra

“Mr. Blue Sky” is an absolute classic. The cool guitar solos and majestic choir make it the perfect song to play while you appreciate all the hard work you did.

Hooray! You have reached the end of the playlist and you have finished your spring cleaning. Here’s the playlist if you want to listen to it all at once:

Music can turn any unpleasant chore into a good time. No go outside and enjoy the beautiful spring weather!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Hey there! I am a junior at Boston University in the College of Communications. I love photography, crossing off bucket list adventures, hanging with friends, and following yoga videos at home.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.