You Me and Six is back, and Revamped!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s been a while since You Me at Six’s Cavalier Youth came out. I still remember being in my junior year of high school and listening to that album while going to take my finals (“Win Some, Lose Some” is very accurate for finals season).

This time though, they came up with a new album, Night People, which is slightly different than their previous albums. The title song, “Night People,” has more of a rockier vibe than fans are used to hearing. It’s a perfect song for starting off the weekend, throwing off the stress of the week and doing something fun.

For me, this album had a few standout favorites, which definitely knocked off some of my top 20 songs. There’s “Heavy Soul,” which Josh described as an honest song about an old relationship that the singer wants to opt out of. Going off of that, there’s “Give,” which is about love falling apart. “Give” reminds me of songs from Sinners Never Sleep, like “Crash” and “No One Does It Better.”

Then there’s my absolute favorite song, “Take on the World.” It’s a beautiful song, about love and how it isn’t always easy. It seems like it’s about loving someone with mental health problems, and truly being there for each other, which is what a relationship is all about. It’s a song that I placed on my top five list, since I don’t think I’m getting over it any time soon.

I’m still waiting for U.S. tour dates to be announced.

You can check out the whole album here.

Alizah Ali is a senior at BU. She's working on her biology-premed degree, which finds her often in the quietest parts of the library. She loves coffee and bunnies and running whenever the Boston weather lets her. She's a big advocate for mental health destigmatization and awareness. Follow her on instagram @lizza0419
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.