WTF (Where’s the Food?) – Its Nacho Problem, It’s Your Blessing!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Snuggled into Harvard Square’s Brattle Street shops is Felipe’s, a casual made-to-order Mexican restaurant. During spring, summer and fall nights you can almost always guarantee that the front window will be open. As you walk down the cobblestone sidewalk bordering Brattle street, through the open window and door you can see everything and everyone. And after seeing someone dip into the salty, juicy salsa, or bite into the soft, cheesy tortillas it is impossible to keep walking.

If you are sick of reading psychology textbooks and lab reports, click here to read Felipe’s menu!

After ordering my shrimp tostada and nachos I sat down to examine what was in front of me!

On the tostada was the classic pinto spread, accompanied by queso fresco, lettuce and last but not least, fried shrimp. Although just saying the words “fried food” makes my mouth water, I wish it had been more of a finely chopped and marinated, then tossed in an array of spices, and lime juice kind of shrimp. The texture and juiciness of shrimp that has just been pan-seared or grilled would have perfectly complemented the crispy shell foundation.

Now on to the best part of the night: the nachos! I got the pork nachos, topped with beans, guacamole, pico de gallo, jalapeños, and best of all, cilantro. In my opinion, a simple cheddar is the perfect cheese for nachos. I don’t like to go into all the mixing of American, Monterrey Jack, Pepper Jack and so on. Covered in American cheese, the nachos lacked the salty, sharpness of cheddar. But overall they were great! The kick of spice from the jalapeños mixed with the crunch of tortilla chips and tangy salsa was perfect.

I loved my meal and I loved sitting by the window, people watching and cooling off in the breeze. As it starts to cool off in the next few weeks, doesn’t it sound so nice to sit down with a big plate of nachos?!?

YES, it does!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.