WTF (Where’s The Food?): Guac On!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Want a place to study, get lunch with a friend, or a buy a pastry to sweeten up your day? Tatte will give you all of that. The long wooden table in the center of the restaurant and countless hanging glass light bulbs transport you from a city filled with honking cars, humidity and thousands of college kids, to your own little wonderland.

Scattered throughout the city, the Tatte restaurants are a great destination for both tourists and residents. You can make it your go-to place, to sit and read a book with a cup of coffee. Or, it can be the destination you hit with your friends from out of town, as you try to impress them by showing off how hip and versatile Boston can be!

Not only is the restaurant itself multifaceted, but the food is as well. The menu includes dishes such as the “Fried Egg Sandwich Roll”, shakshuka (a traditional North African dish), ricotta and jam, lamb kebab, and last but not least, croque monsieur. You won’t find that kind of menu variety many other places.

After standing in line for ten or so minutes I was pleasantly refreshed by the mint lemonade. Although a little overpowering on its own (mostly due to too much lemon and sugar), with a little water mixed in, it was the perfect drink for a hot, muggy fall day.

In an effort to keep the “avocado toast” trend alive I ordered the Avocado Tartine. Served on a milky white plate, its base was a thick slice of sourdough bread, lightly toasted but still retaining its chewy texture. A hearty spread of mashed avocado came on top, with lemon dressed arugula and a poached egg with pepper.

The tanginess of the arugula, the sweetness of the avocado and kick of pepper blended perfectly. My one, and only, complaint however was I cutting through the crust of the bread was a struggle. It wasn’t even that it was too toasted, it was just so thick that, in an effort to conform to the sophisticated yet snazzy ambiance of the restaurant, my arm extender muscles were quietly pushing themselves to death. But in the end, it was all worth it!

As I took a bite of sour bread, avocado, and egg, and lay my knife against the cool, rustic wood table, I forgot for a few sweet seconds about my homework and laundry piling up in my room.

Don’t think! Just go! You’ll thank yourself for it, trust me.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.