This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With harsh winters that seem to never end, most Boston collegiettes would agree that their skin suffers for the majority of second semester. Here are some ways to solve common winter skin woes:

The Problem: Dry Skin

Due to a combination of frigid temps, high winds and not drinking enough water, your skin is dry. Your face feels tight, your arms are getting rough patches and your legs are white. There is nothing worse than feeling like your skin is so dry it’s cracking.

The Solution: Try a new winter moisturizer. Sometimes using a heavier cream can help your skin in no time! If you’re frequently removing makeup with non-natural products, try using Organic Coconut Oil. While this sounds counterproductive (oil to clean the face?), it actually does work! Plus, what’s better than the smell of coconut to get you excited for Spring Break?

The Problem: Caked Makeup

The Solution: Avoid wearing powders! While powders are great for the summer months, most people don’t need to use them in the winter when temperatures are cooler and skin is drier. Also, make sure you prep your skin for makeup by using both a moisturizer (with SPF!) and a primer.

The Problem: Dry Hands

The Solution: Use cuticle oil and hand lotion at night. While many of us apply lotion during the day, we don’t often give it time for our skin to absorb. Apply cuticle oil to your finger tips and top it off with a heavy moisturizer meant specifically for hands. Also, make sure you wear gloves outside to keep your mani and skin protected!

The Problem: Chapped Lips

There is nothing worse than planning a big night out and not feeling comfortable wearing your favorite red lipstick. If chapped lips are getting the best of you, don’t sweat it!

The Solution: Stay hydrated and use a humidifier. Apply a lip product with beeswax to keep your lips from getting dry and chapped. If you’re looking for a quick fix for those lips before a night out, gently apply a lip scrub and rinse off with warm water.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.