jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why You Need to Try a Green Tea Latte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Lately, green tea has become one of the trendiest new flavors to hit the foodie scene. Matcha, which is essentially powdered green tea, is suddenly being incorporated into everything from ice cream to doughnuts. However, this sweet Japanese-inspired taste can be most easily found at your local coffee shop in the form of a green tea latte. 

For those of you who are already addicted to coffee, a green tea latte can be a fun alternative to mix up your daily dose of caffeine. The pretty mint green color, coupled with the earthy sweet taste of the green tea, combines perfectly with frothy milk for an afternoon treat.

And for anyone who loves having a hot drink to sip on the walk to class, but isn’t a fan of the sometimes, bitter taste of coffee, a green tea latte can be a great substitute. It still packs a punch of caffeine, but with the the milder taste of tea. Also because these drinks are so sweet, they can even be a nice post-dinner dessert! 

You can pick up one of these yummy drinks at Starbucks or at most local coffee shops. Who knows, maybe the GTL will be the spring version of a PSL? 

Lexa is a junior at Boston University, studying Journalism in the College of Communication. You can often find her sipping on an iced coffee and trying to take an artsy photo that fits her Instagram aesthetic. Lexa hopes she can someday combine her passions for fashion, art, dance, and writing into a career, but for now, she'll be strolling down Comm Ave trying to make #LifeasLexa a personal brand.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.