This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Everyone has their favorite month, but I think we can collectively agree that March is one of the worst months. Poor weather and midterms are enough to get anyone down. Luckily, we’ve made it through and can look forward to April, but here are the reasons why we’re glad March is finally over.

1. Terrible Weather 

March is supposed to come in like a lion and out like a lamb, yet in the last couple weeks it was still snowing in parts of the US. Crazy winds, lots of rain, and ever-changing temperatures makes getting dressed in the morning super hard. It’s 68 degrees one day and 34 the next? Hope you didn’t take your winter coat home over spring break!

2. We’re Ready For Spring

Two months of winter (even if it was mild) has everyone waiting for spring to roll around. March is just a placeholder month between winter and nice weather.

3. March Madness 

It’s everywhere. You either don’t care about basketball or your bracket sucks. (Unless your bracket is still correct. Then awesome job!)

4. Mid-Semester Slump

March is midterm season, and there’s just nothing fun about that. Looking around campus, you see dark circles under eyes, coffee cups, and sweatshirts everywhere. Midterms are just finals without summer vacation to look forward to.

5. April is Here!  

After the miserable March weather comes the warmer temperatures of April! Everyone walks around looking happier, new spring outfits emerge from closets, and the flowers start blooming. (Super jealous of anyone who has seen the cherry blossoms in DC this year!)  

And April means only about a month until summer!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.