Style

Why Timberland Boots are the Ultimate Winter Shoe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

My love affair with Timberland boots began many years ago. It was Christmas 2014 when I received my first pair and I haven’t looked back. I would say I’ve gone through about three pairs – my older ones have since been relegated for use in yard work while my newest pair is purely for the aesthetics.

I love the clunky style, the extra inch or so in height, and the security of having my feet ensconced from the elements. Waterproof, high quality, comfortable – Timberlands have it all. I always love the changing weather when I can finally dust off the Timbs and wear them near-exclusively until June. My experience with my Timberlands has convinced me that they are the best winter shoe and that any other shoe pales in comparison.

Photo Credit

In 2014, the “girls with Timberlands” look that’s so prevalent today, had yet to hit my high school. So, as a result, I was usually the only girl clomping around campus with my heavy boots. This gave me a huge (and perhaps unwarranted) confidence boost – it was me and my Timberlands against the world, fighting the patriarchy one pair of men’s shoes at a time.

The iconic Timberlands were only in men’s sizes, but luckily for me and my aesthetic, they made them in men’s size five. Much has changed since 2014, but my love for Timberlands has remained constant.

Photo Credit: Boston Herald

You may be asking yourself, “What makes Timberlands so much better than any other shoe?” I am here to vouch that Timberlands, to use a colloquialism, hit different. There’s nothing more exciting than putting on a fresh pair, the leather perfectly unbesmirched, smooth to the touch, waiting to be slipped into.

The haters will argue that Timberlands are hard to break in, a point to which I must concede. It takes some time to get used to them, especially since they make your feet take up about another inch or so of room (I will admit I have tripped in my Timbs more times than I care to remember). However, once they’re broken in, there’s absolutely no going back. It’s like they become molded to your feet – the top part fits perfectly around your ankle, the stars align, and your new and improved life begins.

Something about Timberland boots really resonates with me, and I think everyone ought to give them a go at least once in their life. I promise, you won’t regret it.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Mia is a sophomore Poli Sci student with a minor in Environmental Policy Analysis. When she's not studying in Mugar or biking down Comm Ave, you can find her drinking tea, wandering the city, or⁠— most likely⁠— binging anime on her laptop.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.