This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Hi, My name is Liv and I love Taylor Swift. If you needed to know anything about me, that sentence sums it up. I’ve loved Taylor for a long time, and her music is art to me. Her latest release, Lover, is nothing short of beautiful, uplifting, and wholesome. It is somehow a completely new side of Taylor, but also reminiscent of her former albums. 

She brought an upbeat sound to this album. Songs like “I Forgot That You Existed,” “Paper Rings,” and “London Boy” are just a few of the rhythmic and lighthearted songs. If you need a pick-me-up, listen to one of these songs and just dance around your room for a few minutes. 

She also includes some heartfelt, wistful songs, which are personally my favorite kinds of songs from her. “Death By a Thousand Cuts” is my favorite song on the album. She tells the nostalgic story of a lover, and the pain she is feeling after their relationship ends. I love everything about it. That’s it. That’s the tweet. 

Taylor also sings about society. On “The Man,” she questions how her life would be different if she were a man. The lyrics in the song speak for themselves. She also sings in “You Need To Calm Down” to internet trolls, telling them to leave people alone with their negativity. The message of this song and the video are in support of the LGBTQ+ community, and for that, I applaud Taylor even more. 

Go do yourself a favor and stream Lover. Taylor Swift encapsulated so many feelings and moods for everyone to relate to with the release of this album. Taylor Swift, you’re perfect and I love you!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Olivia Gorman, or Liv as her friends call her, is a sophomore at Boston University. Liv is studying public relations in BU's college of communication. Her favorite things in this world stem anywhere from fashion, to iced coffee, or movies. Liv loves a good laugh, a good book, and a great cheekbone contour. Olivia is from Boston, Massachusetts.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.