Why Having a Clean Space is So Important

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With spring coming up, spring cleaning will be in full swing. While spring cleaning is a great way to motivate people to clean, it’s important to give your living space a deep cleaning every once in a while because having a clean space is so important. 

1. Clean Room = Clean Mind.

Credits: The Spruce Cleaning

Not only makes does cleaning make your room look more put together, but it also gives you a sense of having your life together. Cleaning your room is a good way to de-stress and get your mind off things. I like to clean during my study breaks; it gives me a sense of accomplishment when I’m done (even if I didn’t get any of my homework done).

2. Small dorms.

Credits: HGTV

In tiny college dorms, a clean space is not just important, but essential. While you can’t do much about your roommate’s side of the room, you could keep your side as spiffy as you’d like. Small dorms could get messy pretty quickly, but they could also get cleaned up just as quickly. Making your bed and clearing your desk goes a long way, but vacuum and organize drawers for a deeper clean. A messy and cluttered dorm will only make your space feel smaller and less appealing to live in. A dorm doesn’t have to be as bad as they’re made out to be; keep them clean and they’ll be cozy and appealing.

3. It makes you feel as if your life is together.

Credits: Sea Wolf Living

Sure, you might be awake at 3 am writing a paper due the next day, but your room is clean; you must have your life together, right? Being able to come home to a clean space when your mind is full of clutter makes all the difference. It’s great to be able to unwind somewhere that alleviates your stress, not causes more.

If you haven’t already started your spring cleaning, what are you waiting for? Give your closet a cleanout; clean out all of your drawers; vacuum; just get started! Deep clean your entire dorm/apartment/house; get it done and you won’t regret it!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Clarissa is a senior majoring in Journalism at Boston University's College of Communication. Besides writing, Clarissa loves Srabble, astrology, and satire. ?
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.