jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jonathan j castellon be8AmxavYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Which Bachelor Nation Couples Are Still Going Strong?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With the new season of The Bachelor underway, that means a lot of revelations are coming. Some twists and turns to expect include roses, tears, and overuse of the phrases “journey” and “here for the right reasons.” This also means that in a couple of months, there will be a newly engaged Bachelor couple (most likely, anyway). But what if their ‘journey’ ends when the show does? For some couples (i.e. A LOT), the fairytale usually lasts for only a few months after the finale. But these seventeen couples were able to make it past the rose ceremonies and actually have real relationships. Who knew that was even possible?

The Bachelor Couples

Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney

Photo credit: Us Magazine 

While technically Jason did not pick Molly at the final rose ceremony, he did choose her on the after-finale special, so I’m going to throw them in here too. Jason and Molly are married and have a five-year-old daughter named Riley. 

Sean Lowe and Catherine Giudici 

Photo credit: Us Magazine

Sean and Catherine are the reigning Bachelor king and queen because they are the only couple that ended up together on the finale and are still together today. They are married and have two sons: Samuel, 2 and Isaiah, 8 months. 

Arie Luyendyk Jr. and Lauren Burnham

Photo credit: Hollywood Reporter

Arie pulled a Mesnick and picked one girl (Becca) on the finale, then changed his mind and ended up with Lauren afterward. They recently got married and are expecting their first child. 

The Bachelorette Couples

Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter 

Photo credit: Oprah.com

Trista and Ryan have been together the longest in Bachelor Nation, coming in at a whopping fifteen years! Trista was also the OG Bachelorette. They are married and have two kids: Max, 12 and Blakesley, 10. 

Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum 

Photo credit: Hollywood.com

Ashely and J.P. got married in December 2012 and have since had two children: Fordham, 4 and Essex, 2. 

Desiree Hartsock and Chris Siegfried 

Photo credit: Pinterest

Since their January 2015 SoCal wedding, Desiree and Chris have become parents to two-year-old Asher and the newest edition, one-month-old Zander. 

JoJo Fletcher and Jordan Rodgers 

Photo credit: People 

After their Bachelorette season 12 romance stopping airing, JoJo and Jordan have remained engaged (and they also have their own YouTube channel). 

Rachel Lindsay and Bryan Abasolo 

Photo credit: Us Magazine

Rachel and Bryan’s love story began on season 13 of The Bachelorette and the couple has remained engaged ever since. According to a recent interview with Rachel on the Bachelor Party podcast, the nuptials will be taking place this August!  

Becca Kufrin and Garrett Yrigoyen

Photo credit: Us Magazine

After ‘winning’ in the end and subsequently being dumped (on camera) after the show, Becca has finally found her match. Becca met Garrett on season 14 of The Bachelorette and the two got engaged in August 2018.

Bachelor in Paradise Couples

Jade Roper and Tanner Tolbert 

Photo credit: Us Magazine

Jade and Tanner got married following filming and have been expanding their family ever since. They are parents to one-year-old daughter Emerson and are expecting their second child in August. 

Carly Waddell and Evan Bass

Photo credit: Us Magazine

When watching Bachelor in Paradise, most people did not know if Carly and Evan were going to make it. Honestly, you couldn’t even tell if Carly actually liked Evan. But these two made it through the woods and are now happily married and are parents to daughter Bella, 1. 

Raven Gates and Adam Gottschalk

Photo credit: E Online

While Adam might not have proposed in the BIP finale, the couple is still going strong. 

Krystal Nielson and Chris Randone

Photo credit: Pop Sugar

Krystal and the Goose go engaged on the season five finale of BIP but have yet to set a date for their wedding. 

Astrid Loch and Kevin Wendt

Photo credit: Reality TV World

Technically, Astrid and Kevin did not end up together on the finale of BIP, but they did reconnect between the time of the show ending and it airing on TV, so they technically count! Astrid recently moved up to Toronto to live with Kevin and start the next chapter of their relationship. 

Kendall Long and Joe Amabile

Photo credit: Romper

Much like Astrid and Kevin, Kendall and Joe also broke up and reconnected after the show was filmed, and also got back together! 

Ashley Iaconetti and Jared Haibon

Photo credit: Just Jared

After years of patiently waiting (by me and Ashley) and numerous stunts in the Bachelor franchise, Ashley and Jared finally got together! They are engaged, proving you really move out of being ‘just friends’!

Bachelor Pad Couples (only true fans will remember)

Holly Durst and Blake Julian

Photo credit: Reality TV World

As the only surviving couple of Bachelor Pad, these two (I guess) are the reigning king and queen of Bachelor Pad. Holly and Blake got married in 2012 and live in South Carolina. 

As you can see, the Bachelorettes have a better track record of picking the right person than the Bachelors do (#girlpower). While these couples have stayed together throughout their season and afterward, this list does not include other Bachelor Nation couples who never interacted on screen but are dating/engaged/married, like Kaitlyn Bristowe and Jason Tartick, along with Angela Amezcua and Clay Harbor. So, I guess this list (and the other couples) goes to show that this show actually can work?

Watch Colton’s journey to find a connection with the person that is here for the right reasons (and also hear the word ‘virginity’ mentioned 72 times an episode) on Mondays on ABC. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Peyton is a sophomore at Boston University majoring in journalism in the College of Communication and minoring in Women, Gender and Sexuality. Besides writing for Her Campus, Peyton also writes for the Daily Free Press and is a member of Students for Reproductive Freedom. In her free time, she tries to find the best places for dessert in Boston and reads along with Emma Watson's book club "Our Shared Shelf."
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.