This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

There are so many different ways to organize your Spotify account and all the music that you’ve found. What you may not know, however, is that your choices on Spotify can say a lot about you as a person (at least I sure think they can). So for a little fun, read on to find out what I think your Spotify account says about you as a person.

You only listen to your own playlists.

If you only use your own Spotify playlists when listening to music, you’re a leader. You may have a bit of a main character complex (but hello, who doesn’t?), but you’re your own person, and you’re proud of it. Honestly? Keep doing you — you’re doing great sweetie.

You only listen to playlists made by Spotify or other users.

You’re laid-back and chill. You’re one of those people who can kind of fit into any social situation, and whenever you put on tunes in a group setting, they’re always bound to be crowd-pleasers.

Your playlists have really aesthetically pleasing cover images.

You’re artsy and a little bit introverted. You feel most at ease when your surroundings are tidy and organized. You have a kind heart and are very generous, but you also can be particular about how you like things… for good reason though because you have a great eye and visual sensibility.

Your playlists have really funny cover images.

You’re outgoing and energetic. You are THE extrovert of your friend group, and you hold that position well. Big Leo vibes, if you’re into astrology. You also have main character energy, and probably have a really fire Twitter feed as well.

You mostly shuffle artists’ discographies.

If you had a character alignment, it would be lawful good. You like knowing what you’re supposed to do and having a plan in order to go forward with things. You’re also super loyal. In that sense, when it comes to music, you know what you like and stick with it.

You have few to no playlists and use “likes” to collect music.

You thrive in chaos. (I do not understand how you do this.) If you use Spotify in this way, you definitely go with the flow. You are confident in your decisions and who you are, and as a result, you don’t really let things phase you. Love this energy for you, so keep doing your thing.

Your Spotify has a really wide range of genres.

You’re adventurous and bold. You have a thousand different aesthetics, and you’ve never known how to choose one. I don’t blame you either… why should you? There’s so much great music out there, and you don’t want to be stuck listening to just one genre. You probably like travel and exploration and any activity where you get to try something new.

No matter how you listen, we’re so grateful for you and glad you’re here. Keep bopping, everyone. 

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Morgan is a senior at Boston University studying public relations with minors in art history and political science. She loves fall, cafés, and exploring Boston. She is a frequent art museum goer and an ardent Bruins fan. Besides writing, Morgan's hobbies include curating Spotify playlists, cheering on the BU Terriers at hockey games, and exploring independent bookstores.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.