photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash
Style

What to Wear to Thanksgiving—Looks for Every Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Thanksgiving traditions are like fingerprints: no two are exactly alike. However, whether you are playing football with your cousins or meeting with the girls for brunch, most of us want to look our best. While looks are not everything, fashion can give you the confidence to connect with others this Thanksgiving. Here are five outfits that you can tailor to any Thanksgiving occasion.

Elegant yet bold

This look would be great for formal Thanksgiving occasions. Rich fall colors and dark pants add sophistication to the look while the ankle boots add attitude. Pair with a bold lip and top bun to sharpen the edge of this look.

Cute and friendly

Nothing says brunch like floral prints. Pair florals with warm cotton blends for a comfy and dainty look. Wear this to a family or Friendsgiving brunch and light up the room.

Cool and collected

Be the coolest girl in the room by blending electric graphic tees with the laid back ripped jeans and a comfy cardigan. This look works for both day and night. Pair the look with heels and a bold lip for a night outing or sneakers and dewy makeup for a daytime gathering.

Booting up

I don’t know about you, but Ariana Grande opened my eyes to the wonders of thigh-high boots. While great for going out, thigh-high boots can also work to add a unique flair to your outfit. Pair them with a sweater dress and tights for a girly look without the frills.

Figure with Flare

Flared pants were huge in the seventies and are making a comeback in modern trends. Flare pants add length to the legs while also providing balance to one’s silhouette. Pair patterned flares with solid colors to enliven your look in a classy manner.

With the outfit out of the way, you can focus on what really matters: friends, family, and food. Happy Thanksgiving!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Maria is a junior advertising major at Boston University. When not in class, Maria can be found running along the Charles, drawing, getting coffee, and listening to Kacey Musgraves or Stevie Nicks. She hopes to one day be a copywriter or account planner at an advertising agency.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.