What to Wear During Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Finals are approaching fast and the last thing you are probably thinking of is dressing up BUT I promise you there’s a way to be comfy and look presentable! And personally if I’m dressed nice I feel a little more motivated to do work instead of taking a nap.

Trade in your jeans or leggings for Jcrew Pixie Pants! They may look like leggings but trust me they ARE pants and probably the most comfortable pair you will ever own (and super flattering!). You can pair these with any top and look completely put together. My favorite outfit to wear with pixie pants is a button down denim shirt and flats. Or try layering the denim shirt over a lace t-shirt.

Pixie Pants- Jcrew ($88)
Lace Top- Madewell ($118)
Chambray Top- Jcrew ($72)

Put away your boring black flats and try some colorful or quirky black flats. Flats that are round toed and “scrunchy” are extremely comfortable and won’t give your feet blisters. So you can trust them to last all night with you at the library. Or trade in your classic Toms for the spring/summer crotchet Toms.

Mouse Flats- Marc by Marc Jacobs ($195)
Pink Flats- Jcrew ($138)
Crochet Toms ($58)

And now it’s time for accessories! An oversized watch can take the place of bracelets and you’ll need a watch to keep track of all that studying! When buying a watch I always go for a hint of gold because it will match everything and the gold won’t be too overbearing.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Watch ($200)

Ashley Rossi is a sophomore at Boston University studying Magazine Journalism and Mass Communication. After living in a small town for most of her childhood she looked towards the city for an exciting adventure. At BU Ashley has volunteered with the Community Service Center and written for various publications, including The Buzz and College Fashionista. Her goal is to eventually run the creative department for any major fashion magazine or international design house. Ashley also blogs daily on her blog, Gossip, Chanel, and English Tea on Tumblr. In the meantime she enjoys relaxing on the beach, watching Gossip Girl and Weeds, and reading the next Lauren Weisberger novel.