This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Maybe I’m not up to date, but I feel like Netflix rarely releases new content. Recently, however, it seems like a lot of new TV shows and movies were released. I’ve watched some of them, and others are still on my list. If you’re looking for a good old relaxing Netflix night at home, I’ve got you covered. Here are five shows and movies you need to check out!

“The Crown”

I know I am so late to watching The Crown, but it definitely lives up to the hype. I started watching the series with friends, and although it was a little hard to follow in the beginning, I think I’m starting to catch up now. I don’t think you need to be super familiar with the Royal Family to watch it. So far, I’m on season two, and I would give it a 8.5/10!

“Firefly Lane”

I heard so many people talking about this series that I decided to give it a watch. Like The Crown, I feel like Firefly Lane also lives up to the hype; it’s really good. The plotline is engaging, especially coming from someone who likes to multitask when they watch Netflix. I do have to say though, there are some of those Disney Channel second-hand embarrassment scenes where I just had to look away and cringe, so I’m giving it a 7.5/10.

“Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel”

If you like watching 20/20 or any other case-based documentary, you will love this series. The Cecil is an intriguing story, and the case at this location is so eerie—I was in suspense the whole time. I think I finished this series in one weekend, and I will definitely give it a 9/10.

“Marriage or Mortgage”

This is a series I haven’t watched yet, but it’s right up there on my list. It gives me Love it or List It vibes from HGTV, which I always watched growing up, so I have a feeling I will like it. I feel as though there have been quite a few Netflix original series about real estate and interior design recently, and I’m here for it.

“Bling Empire”

Here’s another series I binged in less than a week. Bling Empire gives you everything you would want out of a reality TV show—drama, comedy, and crazy lifestyles. These people live their lives so uniquely, and I think it’s fascinating to see what a day looks like for them. There are definitely some cringey moments, so I’m going to give it a 9/10.

Now, I’m just hoping that the rumors are hearing are false and that Netflix won’t be abolishing family plans, because I’m loving these new shows. And I’m still patiently waiting on a new season of All American to be released.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!