andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Valentine’s Day Date Ideas in Boston

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is a great excuse to dress up, wear red lipstick, and eat loads of chocolate. But finding the perfect date for your sweetheart can be tiring. Whether it’s your boyfriend of three years or only a second date, here is a list of Valentine’s date ideas for you guys.

1. Back Bay Chocolate Walking Tour.

Nothing says Valentine’s Day like lots of chocolate. This tour is any chocolate connoisseurs dream.

Guests on this tour taste samples from different chocolate shops in the Boston area. You meet in the Westin Hotel in Back Bay and the overall tour is less than a mile. So, not much walking, but lots of chocolate.

2. Boston Opera House.

You can pick and choose what show you want to go see. Booking your tickets in advance is a safe bet, so you don’t have to worry about tickets selling out. The official website advises consumers to not buy from third parties selling tickets.

3. The Paint Bar.

The Paint Bar makes for an engaging date activity. The type of artwork changes daily, so it would be helpful for couples to look on The Paint Bar website before planning a date. This activity costs anywhere from $30 to $40.

4. Explore art museums.

There are so many museums in Boston. If you love art, or animals, or science there is a museum here for you. The Museum of Fine Arts and The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum are just two of the many museums located in Boston. Admission at both of these museums is free for college students with proper ID. This date idea is both cheap and educational. Couples can learn and also take cute pictures next to different artworks. Not only are you learning, but you get to do something really interactive.

5. Visit the Boston Common. 

The Boston Common is full of so much green space. If you’re lucky and it’s warm out then, this is a really romantic date idea. Plus it’s really affordable. It is perfect after a movie or after a fancy dinner.

6. Skate at the Frog Pond.

The Frog Pond is located at Boston Common, and the ice skating season runs from December to March. Admission is $5, and skate rentals are $10, making it a great idea for college students who are on a budget but still want to have some fun. This is a perfect teaching opportunity if your boyfriend or girlfriend doesn’t know how to skate. You could hold hands and guide them along the ice rink. Or if you both don’t know how to ice skate, falling down on your butts is a perfect bonding experience.

Hopefully, these ideas are helpful to all the couples in Boston. Living in such a great city allows you to have the ability to do all these fun things with the people you love.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Sophia loves everything bagels with cream cheese
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.