Upcoming Spring Events

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It may not feel like it just yet, but spring is just around the corner. As the weather begins to warm up, make sure to take advantage of all that Boston has to offer this season. Get ready to put away your boots and coats and head to these exciting upcoming events on and off campus!

Matt & Kim ConcertIndie duo Matt & Kim will play a concert exclusively for BU students! Catch them at the Metcalf Ballroom in the GSU on Saturday, April 5. Tickets are only $16 and are on sale now!http://www.eventbrite.com/e/matt-kim-at-boston-university-tickets-10315288305

Red Sox GamesDon’t let Spring go by without heading to a baseball game at the legendary Fenway Park! Opening day is April 8 against the Yankees—it’s a can’t-miss!

Free Sailing WeekendIf you’ve ever wanted to learn how to sail, here’s your chance. The Boston Sailing Center is offering free sailing trips in the Boston Harbor April 26 and 27. http://www.bostonsailingcenter.com/news/openhouse.asp

Independent Film FestAttend a viewing of this year’s best independent films. Get the full experience with the film’s directors, producers, and actors! Catch it at Coolidge Corner from April 27-May 4.

SOWA Open MarketSpend a day at SOWA Open Market—explore vintage shops, check out local arts and accessories vendors, visit 60+ specialty food stands, and eat at one—or three—of Boston’s best food trucks. It’s an arts festival, farmer’s market, and vintage market, and food truck heaven all in one!

Explore BostonStroll down Newbury—dare to eat brunch outside. Take a scenic walk through the Commons. Head to the Esplanade for a run, and keep your eye on the Hatch Shell for outdoor concerts and events! Pass up the T or the BU bus and get walking! Spring is the perfect time to explore this great city and all of its opportunities.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.