This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Since I work on Saturdays and Sundays,  the only “weekend” I get is Friday night, so I try to make the most of it. I particularly try to get as much relaxation as I can before the weekend. Whether you’re studying this weekend or hanging out with your friends, you always need some time off just for yourself. Here is what I do:

1. Go to the gym. First things first, I want to get that out of the way. 

2. Shower – with all the magic of exfoliating, moisturizing, shaving, etc. 

3. Then, I follow up with a DIY manicure. I went to get my nails done a bit over 2 weeks ago and today I bought a new pair of work-out clothes so…instead of going to the salon to get gel, I decided to do my nails at home. 

4. Now onto the room purge! This is usually the “hardest,” but my favorite part of my routine. Throughout the week stuff tends to pile up, whether its clothes or papers or laundry. What better day to clean everything up so that you won’t have to stress about it than over the weekend? I threw out my trash, re-organized my skincare/jewelry section, and the only thing that was left was my college books and random sheets of paper. 

5. Face mask time! I prefer sheet masks over the clay ones just because, for me, they’re less messy. I typically have a candle burning and eat strawberries with Nutella. What could be better? 

6. Then, after I finish with your facemask, make a to-do list for the weekend. For me my Saturday to-do list looked kind of like this: 

• Workout/stretch 

• Homework 

• Submit my article 

• Head off to work at 1pm

7. After making the to-do list I recommend laying out your outfit for the next day. My “outfit” is really simple because I have to wear a uniform                 while working. Even though I don’t particularly like the uniform, I do like that it makes the preparation process so much easier. 

8. Lastly, I go to bed around 9:30pm.

Some other tips that might help you maximize your time and productivity on the weekend would be: 

• Reading magazines or your favorite book instead of watching anything with a screen. For most people, looking at our phones or television wakes us up instead of making us sleepy. 

• Vacuuming or wiping all the dust in your room. 

• Meal prepping. Cooking  your dinner or your work lunch in advance so you won’t have to worry about that when you get back from work. 

That’s it! I know it can be difficult to work on the weekends, because technically your weekends are gone, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t find time to do your homework and relax a bit. Happy November! Let November be a productive and happy month for you.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.