This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The battle of the boot continues as collegiettes struggle to pick a side regarding the ongoing Ugg boot trend. Though there are strong supporters for both sides of the argument, it can get pretty difficult to commit. Can’t seem to decide? Let’s weigh the pros and cons of owning a pair of this controversial footwear.

Pro: Uggs are extremely comfortable, no shoe will ever make your feet happier.

There’s no denying that Uggs are among the comfiest shoes ever made. Slip into a pair and it will feel like you’re walking on a cloud.

Con: It may not be worth it to sacrifice style in the name of comfort.

Let’s face it, Uggs are the Crocs of the boot world. No matter how put together your outfit is, Uggs have a way of making you look a little sloppy. 

Pro: Uggs keep your feet warm, making them perfect for the colder months.

Winter in Boston can get pretty brutal, and owning a pair of these boots will definitely ease the pain of that chilly air.

Con: In New England, cold weather often brings rain or snow and Uggs are not waterproof.

Nothing is worse than walking across campus with soaking wet feet. The fact that you can’t wear a pair of warm boots on a cold, rainy/snowy day is pretty discouraging.

Pro: They’re easy to throw on when you’re in a pinch.

Uggs can be your go-to shoe whether you’re running late for class or traveling through the airport. They’re also the perfect boots to throw on when going on those late-night food runs.

Con: If you’re not careful with them, they can wear horribly.

There’s nothing more unflattering than a disheveled and discolored pair of Uggs. If you rely too much on your “go-to shoe,” they can start to wear in the most unfavorable of ways.

Whether weighing the pros and cons of owning a pair of these famous boots helped you to decide to purchase a pair or abandon the trend altogether, remember that no matter what, wear whatever makes you feel happy and comfortable in your own skin. Happy shopping!

Academic Year: 2016Major: Public RelationsAstrological Sign: LibraEditorial team member, social media addict, and foodie.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.