This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

As a general non-podcast listener, there are only two podcasts that I will readily scream at people — Girls Gotta Eat with Ashley Hess and Rayna Greenberg and U Up? with Jared Fried and Jordana Abraham. Both are dating podcasts that are absolutely hilarious and incredibly relevant.

Earlier this week, my best friend and I saw U Up? live as they’ve currently been touring and I DID NOT REGRET IT. Same with their podcasts, the live shows were structured the same way — Jared and Jordana started the show by reading an email from a listener who needed advice about their dating life. After that, they did dating app makeovers for two individuals in the audience and BOY are we struggling. 

We also played a game called red flag or deal breaker — a game where, if you found the perfect person but they did this one gross/annoying/weird behavior, would it be a red flag or a dealbreaker? We had funny ones like they only wear hooded sweaters (dealbreaker), they mimic the accent every time you go to a restaurant (dealbreaker if in public, red flag if it’s whispered for my own chuckles) or they make a peace sign in every photo (dealbreaker what).

The best part of the show, though, was the Q&A segment, where people had sent in screenshots or situations they were in and the crowd, as well as Jared and Jordana, gave advice on what you should do. There were some WILD ones — “Should I continue dating a guy I work with that lives with his ex?” Answer: Obviously the f not. There was also a text conversation between a woman and a guy she had set up a date with… where she found out he was MARRIED and this man had the audacity to try and turn it on her saying she drinks too much.

Honestly, if you’re considering seeing a podcast live, I would definitely recommend it. The energy in the room is insane because everyone is excited to be there. Also, if you need podcast recommendations, I would definitely recommend U Up?!

Jared and Jordana put on a great show and it definitely is something I would do again! The wild dating stories, the ridiculous emails, and insight into the male mind that Jared provides is helpful. Dating in the modern age is not easy but U Up? makes that much easier!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets.

Jericha is a senior at Boston University studying Psychology and Public Health. In her free time, she enjoys listening to music, especially country and worships Taylor Swift and the band Joseph. She enjoys food and thinks avocados are too small for how expensive they are. When school is out of session, you can find her skillfully avoiding sunshine - working at Boston Children’s Hospital.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.