This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.
Gilmore Girls (Netflix)

Stars Hollow’s picturesque backdrop provides the perfect setting for romanticizing fall. Following the journey of the mother-daughter duo, Lorelai and Rory Gilmore, Gilmore Girls remains a staple in comfort TV. Their breathless commentary and realistic arcs make the show a timeless watch. Grab a hot cup of coffee and get ready to be transported back to the early 2000’s.

Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham in gilmore girls
Saeed Adyani/Netflix
The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix)

Spooky season is quickly approaching and Mike Flannigan’s debut series The Haunting of Hill House is the quintessential show to get into the Halloween spirit. Between dual timelines, Hill House takes us on the Crain family’s journey where each sibling represents a stage of grief. Through seamless transitions and top-tier cinematography, this ghost story unravels the dark history behind the inhabitants of this rotting mansion.

Gossip Girl (HBO Max, Amazon Prime)

Get an exclusive on the scandalous lives of Manhattan’s elite with the ever-so-classic Gossip Girl. As Gossip Girl says herself, “There’s nothing quite like autumn in New York.” With Serena’s timeless wardrobe and Blair’s bold statement pieces, this show establishes itself as an essential influence for all things fall fashion.

Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf Shopping?width=1024&height=1024&fit=cover&auto=webp
The CW
Only Murders in the Building (Hulu)

We can’t talk about New York without mentioning Selena Gomez’s latest true crime series, Only Murders in the Building. There’s nothing like a classic murder mystery that has its audience itching to find out who did it. This show follows true crime enthusiasts Mabel, Oliver, and Charles as they investigate who is behind the mysterious murders in their building. The show’s meandering storytelling and witty humor create the perfect escapism on our screens.

Pretty Little Liars (HBO Max)

Although this is a rewatch for most, this classic teen drama makes for the perfect guilty pleasure. The show follows Rosewood teens Emily, Hanna, Aria, and Spencer as they find the missing piece to their friend Alison’s disappearance. The suspense to reveal who “A” is will certainly keep viewers on their toes during this upcoming spooky season!

Which one of these shows are you Most Excited to watch this fall?

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, watch us on TikTok, and read our latest Tweets!

Fran is a senior studying Public Relations at Boston University.