Trends Spotted on Comm Ave

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Every collegiette should look into sporting this season’s hottest trends on Comm Ave, other collegiettes have started to do the same! Read on to check out some of our favorite trends this season.

Vests

Fall weather provides the perfect opportunity to wear this season’s cutest vests. Quilted vests are great transition pieces and can be layered over any outfit, from button downs and jeans to sweaters and skirts. The options don’t end at quilted, though. Some edgier trends spotted on Comm Ave this month include fur, denim, and leather vest styles. Who says you can’t try them all?

Baseball Hats

Whether you’re a baseball fan or just trying to cover your third day hair (studying and coffee dates don’t leave much time for washing your hair, am I right?), baseball hats are the perfect addition to any casual outfit. Whether you choose to show support for your favorite team (I’m talking to you, Red Sox fans) or try to rock one of the many cute new styles, try pairing a baseball hat with almost any outfit for a perfectly simple and cute look.

Gold

“Whether it’s a cuff, a statement necklace, or a more personal piece, gold is the metal of the season,” says Claudia Mata, Executive Accessories and Jewelry Editor for W Magazine. If you haven’t already caught onto this trend, be sure to check out Armed & Readi and find some amazing gold statement pieces perfectly priced for a collegiette’s budget!

High Neckline

Deep plunging necklines were spotted on Comm Ave this past spring, but fall has brought high necklines to campus. This look is perfect during the day, as the high neckline is the perfect, modest look to sport during class. Even better, these high necks transition perfectly into nighttime when paired with a cropped top!

Animal Prints

It’s so easy to fall into the trap of dressing “safe.” A trending collegiette outfit risk this season is animal print, and I know that I cannot get enough! What better way to make a black dress and boots pop than by adding a cheetah print cardi? Animal print can provide the perfect oomph to an otherwise simple and understated look.

Neon

Neon has officially become the hit of the runway, courtesy of brilliant designers like Oscar de la Renta and Christopher Kane. This is a tricky trend to master, but totally worth the risk! To rock neon just as well as this season’s runway models, make sure you choose a neon shade that compliments your skin tone. Another plus of this trend? It perfectly transitions to Saturday night’s Tight and Bright party!

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.