Top Moments From Boston College Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

You know how they say “third time’s the charm?” Well this rule definitely applies to College Fashion Week. I’ve gone every year since Freshman year, and while I’ve had a fantastic time at each event, this year was my favorite. It was held at the Royale (an absolutely beautiful space), and featured awesome partners including Spindrift, PopSugar, and of course, Primark.

The three hour event felt like it went by in no time, and I wish it could have gone on longer. Here are some of my top moments from this year’s College Fashion Week:

Chic Sketch

How cool is this! This sketch was done in about three minutes on a tablet with a stylus. The artist’s sketches are so impressive – the line was well worth the wait!

Ultra Beauty Makeup Bar

I wish I was more knowledgeable about makeup; my skills are limited to lip stain and high school theater makeup. But the talented ladies at the Ultra Beauty station absolutely knew their stuff! The makeup artist took my desire for a subtle look that still incorporates the pink and shiny look she wanted to give me. My eyeshadow ended up looking stunning, and I went away with a bunch of makeup tips she gave me while I was in the chair!

Spindrift Station  

Okay, now seltzer is something I definitely know about. It’s one of my favorite drinks, and Spindrift’s station at CFW gave attendees free seltzer all night in a variety of flavors. I tried mango, grapefruit, and blackberry, and I wasn’t disappointed! (Also the women working at the station remembered me by the end of the night, so that should attest to my frequent visits.) 

Fierce Florals 

While I loved the entire fashion show, one of my favorite collections was their Fierce Florals line. Everything on stage was stylish and versatile; while you could wear these pieces in Spring or Fall, I know where I’ll be going for some casual floral dresses very soon.

College Fashion Week was amazing as usual, but this year really stood out. I can’t wait for CFW 2018!

Jessica is a senior at Boston University, studying in the School of Communication with a major in Mass Communication, a minor in Cinema & Media Studies and is on the Pre-Law Track. She made the move from Westchester, NY to Boston, and is living in a constant fear of the impending winter. When not in class, she could be found obsessing over Harry Potter or Buffy the Vampire Slayer, making poorly timed puns, or drinking an excess of tea.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.