Top Five Winter Soups

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

The wind is biting your skin, the autumn trees are leafless, and the snow is ready to fall. We will inevitably be completely immersed in what is a “Boston Winter” sooner rather than later. What better way to prepare for this chilly season than with a piping hot pot of stew?

Be sure to click the images for the recipes! 

1. Sweet Potato and Kale Stew

For those of you who are looking for a healthier soup that is not cream-based, check out this recipe.

2. Potato Leak Soup

A simpler recipe, this soup will keep you full!

3. Butternut Squash Soup

This soup is a classic that has pushed its way from a fall dish into a staple in your winter kitchen.

4.  Goulash

Although this stew takes a bit longer to make and requires a slow cooker, a general consensus can be made that the wait is worth it.

5. Split Pea Soup

A winter necessity,  this vegetable soup will warm you up and keep you satisified during the colder months.

No matter what you choose to cook, always invite your friends over to enjoy each dish; the winter is not a season to survive on your own!

Shannon Stocks is a Junior at Boston University in the Sargent School for Health Sciences, majoring in Speech Language and Hearing Sciences. She has always loved to write and focuses this passion on her poetry. In her free time, you can find her at spin class on Newbury Street, working on a project in the community service center, or at the Hillel House. She loves being a part of the Her Campus Team!
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.