Style

The Top Fashion Trends You Need to Know for Spring 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s finally starting to get warm which means spring is here! With the new season, you may be looking for new outfit inspiration. Below are five of the biggest trends predicted for the 2019 spring season.

Get crafty!

Right on, man! The ’70s are coming back with crochet. This won’t be your typical boho chic, but a more elevated look with cute crochet accents on otherwise simple pieces.

Biker Gang

Bike shorts have been popular in street fashion for a while now and it doesn’t look like they’re going anywhere anytime soon. If you haven’t gotten to try them out, now is the time! They pair well with a simple t-shirt and sneakers. Or you could dress it up with a button-up and blazer. They are a versatile piece that are perfect for your wardrobe.

Birds of a Feather

Feathers have been a staple on the runway for many seasons, but this spring they’re becoming a focal point of outfits with over the top feather accents.

Down to Earth

Spring is usually full of vibrant colors, but this year the staple spring colors will actually be earth tones. Head-to-toe earth tone looks took over the runway. They’re a great way to be simple while still making a statement.

Fine Print

A fashion no-no has always been mixing patterns, but this spring we’ll be breaking all the fashion rules! Mixed patterns are the way to stand out this upcoming season.

Now that you have been officially inspired, go ahead and style those cute spring looks! Can’t wait to see all of your takes on the best spring trends!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

MyChalia is a freshman majoring in English Education in the Wheelock College of Education and Human Development at Boston University. She has a passion for education and social justice, as well as creating a loving and accepting community for all regardless of race, gender, sexual identity, etc. MyChalia also has a passion for reading and creative writing. She can be found lost in the isles of a Barnes n' Noble or chilling in a random Boston cafe drinking iced coffee.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.