Style > Beauty

Top 5 Products to Make Your Skin Glow This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

It’s already starting to get warmer outside, which means rosy cheeks and glossy lips to fully exude the energy of spring. If you don’t already have spring allergies (like I do) to achieve this look, you can use some of these products to help you glow up this season.

1. Glossier Priming Moisturizer

I don’t believe in primer; I think any moisturizer or basic skincare routine will help you prep skin for a smooth application. However, this moisture is my favorite because it’s designed to prime your skin for foundation for a “dewy, smooth canvas” and is light on the face  It’s also buildable! It comes in a richer version if you have dry skin.

2. Too Faced Dew You Foundation

Too Faced’s “Dew You” foundation is a part of their Tutti Frutti line released last summer all inspired by fruit! Dew You is one the few medium to full coverage foundations that leaves a dewy finish. It smells like fresh watermelon and cucumber, and it comes in 20 shades ranging from red, neutral, and yellow undertones.

3. Glossier Cloud Paint

This is pretty much a cult favorite among Glossier fans, and rightfully so. Cloud Paint is a cream blush formula that goes on light and easy on the cheeks. When you first put it on it may seem like you overdid it, but the blush sheers out nicely and is buildable. It’s best applied with your fingers, hence the name “paint.”

4. Glossier Haloscope  

This is the absolute last plug for Glossier, but I think the Haloscope is one of their underrated products. Haloscope is a cream highlighter with a balmy oil core designed to leave a dewy “wet” finish. It’s similar to Pat McGrath’s Skin Fetish Highlighter Duos, but more affordable. Like most Glossier products, using your fingers is the preferred method of application. Haloscope comes in three colors; Topaz, Moonstone, and Quartz.

5. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herb & Rosewater

While it’s not advertised as a setting spray, it claims to revitalize the skin with “dewy radiance.” It feels cool and rejuvenating. I use this spray every day to help finalize and mold all of my makeup together. I would say it has more a natural finish, but could definitely be dewy with a few extra sprays.

In general, look out for products that have buzzwords like “hydrating” and “radiant” in their description; that’s one way to differentiate matte products from dewy ones. Go on and glow up girl!

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Glossier Priming Moisturizer

Niya Doyle is a sophomore at Boston University studying Public Relations and minoring in International Relations. Her hobbies include advocating for civic engagement among young people, writing poetry, and waiting for the new Animal Crossing game to come out.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.