Top 5 Places to Buy Cute and Cheap Holiday Gifts in Boston:

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

With the holiday season offically upon us, here are some cute places to buy stuff around Boston!

1. Urban Outfitters

Urban Outfitters has a large selection of gifts that would be perfect for any college-aged student. With gifts starting from $5, you’re sure to find something affordable that many people would enjoy including a large selection of books, coasters, candles, frames, pillows, and an assortment of jewelry. The closest Urban Outfitters stores to BU are at 361 Newbury Street and 226 Harvard Avenue. Both stores have two floors of items and great sale sections where you can find great deals on cute and cheap gifts!

2. Boston’s Serenade Chocolatier

Let’s be honest, who wouldn’t like receiving a box of gourmet chocolates for the holidays? Not only is this chocolate made right in Boston, it’s also delicious and a great gift idea. A 12-piece box of assorted gourmet chocolates is around $15. With almost 50 different types of chocolates to choose from, you’re bound to find a few that everyone on your gift list will love! Serenade Chocolatier also has a specialty chocolate just for the holidays- including chocolate Santas, angels, trees, and snowflakes. Serenade Chocolatier is located in Brookline at 5 Harvard Square.

3. H&M

If you’re shopping for a girl this holiday season, H&M is a great, affordable place to start. Not only does H&M have a large selection of inexpensive clothing, they also have awesome and fashionable accessories, jewelry, purses, scarves, cosmetics, etc. starting at $5. The closest H&M to BU’s campus is at 100 Newbury Street. The store is two levels and provides a large accessories and jewelry section.

4. Newbury Comics

Newbury Comics is a fabulous place to shop for anyone on your holiday gift list! The store has a huge selection of DVDs, CDs, apparel, stuffed animals, bumper stickers, etc. DVDs are always an easy and cheap gift, usually starting around $10. The closest Newbury Comics to BU’s campus is at 332 Newbury Street.

5. Hidden Sweets

Hidden Sweets is located in Harvard Square at 25 Brattle Street and is more than just a regular candy store! This well-known candy store not only has candy but also sells souvenirs and apparel. Hidden Sweets sells bulk candy, packaged candy, gourmet chocolates, and nostalgic candy. The bulk candy is a great gift option because there are over 250 different treats that you can choose from! It’s easy to create a great mix of all types of candies! You can choose how much you’d like to purchase because you pay by the pound! You can get away with spending only $5 and getting lots of great candy. If you’d like something from the souvenir or apparel department, they sell an affordable selection of Harvard, Boston, and Red Sox souvenirs and apparel. 

Elyssa is a "New Yourker" who has somehow ended up in Boston. She is currently studying journalism at Boston University and is excited to be the Campus Correspondent for the BU branch of Her Campus! She also enjoys theatre, frozen yogurt, and obsessively watching "Dancing with the Stars." When not doing any of above, she can be found quoting "Pirates of the Caribbean."