Top 3 Holiday Nail Polishes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Heading home for the holidays? Impress your family with your nails. Make like a Kardashian and find a style that suits you. Even if you lack time for a manicure while coping with finals, treat yourself to a fresh nail polish color to show off to your family over the holidays. Here are the top three nail polish colors for the holidays.

1. Bright Santa Red 

This color is a typical Santa/candy apple red. It’s classic and as Taylor Swift might say, it’ll never go out of style. Mrs. Clause would approve!

2. Metallic Gold 

It is never too early to pull out your sparkly metallic polishes! If there’s one thing to love about the holidays, it is the impending New Year. Reflect on memories and spend time with your family with a shimmery champagne-esque nail color. 

3. Dark Olive 

A dark olive polish gives sophisticated edge toward holiday looks. Pick a lighter or darker shade to alter the mood of your outfit. Work with whatever fits your personal style and all will be great. 

The most important thing is to wear a polish color that represents you. These colors will help to bring out the inner holiday spirit within you. Sometimes it just takes a simple change of nail color to shift your attitude in the right direction. I mean, who doesn’t love a nice bottle of nail polish?

Amelia Leone is the editor of MilennialGal, a Happy and Healthy Living Blog and Social Media Platform. She has collaborated with brands including Microsoft, Clarisonic, T.J. Maxx, The Holiday Inn, and more. Amelia is an active member of the InfluenceHer Collective. 
Summer is a Boston University graduate ('15) that received a BS in Journalism with a concentration in magazine journalism. Her interests include editorial design and lifestyle, fashion, and beauty content, as she aspires to be a fashion magazine writer and editor. She is currently a fashion and beauty writer for Bustle.com and previously served as a Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Boston University. Summer likes to think of herself as a lipstick enthusiast and smoothie connoisseur, so when she isn't writing for Bustle, you could probably find her sipping on a strawberry-banana smoothie and planning her next purchases at Sephora. Follow Summer on Twitter @SummerArlexis