andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Tinder Test Highlights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

In last week’s article, I posted about an experiment that my friend Sarah and I conducted called The Tinder Test. If you missed it, you can read it here.

Some guys really tried their hardest to catch the attention of Charlotte and Carrie (the two separate profiles that we created), whether that was by using creative pick-up lines or offering to take them on vacation. These were some of the best messages we received!

1.The Literary Reference

As an English major, I loved these Charlotte’s Web references. I think they were clever!

2. The Irritated Guy/Guys

This was really weird. Some of the matches did catch on to the two different profiles, but most of them just blew it off and didn’t seem to care. This young man and his friend took it in a whole other direction and to a whole new level. Plus, their spelling was awful.

P.S. We received the same exact message from his friend, I just didn’t save the conversation.

3. The Nice Guy

This gentleman also recognized the two profiles, but instead of “calling the cops” he was calm and polite about it. Sarah and I were appreciative of his kindness and actually responded to him, letting him know that the profiles were technically real but we were doing an experiment for class.

4. The Guys Who Got “Carried” Away

Name puns which made us cringe, and them cringe retroactively.

5. The Paris Invitations

I don’t get why so many people offered to take Carrie to Paris. I guess maybe they were referencing Sex and the City when the main character, Carrie, goes to Paris, but I don’t think a lot of men ages 19-25 would understand that reference. I might be wrong though.

These messages were all over the place. Some were nice, some were aggressive, some were gross. Personally, I like the ones that made puns out of the girl’s names better than just the blatant compliments or weird jokes. These boys made a valiant effort to win the heart of the girls in our two profiles and even though it didn’t work out with Charlotte/Carrie, I wish the men featured in our experiment all the best with their future Tinder matches.

Want to keep up with HCBU? Make sure to like us on Facebook, follow us on Instagram, check out our Pinterest board, and read our latest Tweets!

Gabriella is studying English at Boston University and is a member of the class of 2020. Her past times include reading, watching tv, working out, and spending time with friends! Gabriella loves going to school in Boston and spending her weekends exploring the city and taking advantage of all the free events it offers, but she also really misses her Jeep. Favorite book: The Great Gastby. Favorite T.V. Show: Gossip Girl.
Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.