Three New EPs for Your Walk Down Comm Ave.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BU chapter.

Sometimes a whole album is just too big of an investment. These three EPs by up-and-coming artists consist of four songs each, the perfect length for that walk to class.

The Movement by Betty Who

For fans of: Robyn, M83, MGMT, Top 40, 80s pop

Perfect for: Walking out of the exam you just killed, having a dance party with your roommates

Although you may have heard Betty Who’s euphoric opening track, “Somebody Loves You” in that Home Depot Proposal video that went viral earlier this year, you certainly haven’t heard the last of her. A former Berklee College of Music student who currently lives right here in Boston, Betty Who is a vibrant and unique voice emerging on the pop scene. Her self-released EP The Movement dazzles from start to finish. “You’re in Love” is as upbeat and radio friendly as “Somebody Loves You,” but its lyrics are filled with heartbreak. Even though you probably won’t be able to tell if it makes you happy or sad, you’ll still be dancing to it. “Right Here,” is a show-paced and wispy departure from the other up-tempo songs; however, it stays true to Betty Who’s synth-pop style. The EP closes with the fun “High Society,” Who’s own favorite, a dreamy dance anthem about glamour and luxury.  Don’t miss Betty Who at Brighton Music Hall on April 17!

The War Within by Churchill

For fans of: Mumford & Sons, Of Monsters and Men, Florence + the Machine, the Lumineers

Perfect for: Singing along to in the shower, your homework playlist

The War Within opens with “Change,” a song driven by an infectious drum beat that shortly erupts into a soaring chorus that’s guaranteed to be in your head all day. “Lock Your Heart Down” has a more acoustic folk feel to it. “Gone Too Long” is a bit more aggressive with a country feel, thanks to heavy mandolin and hoarse vocals. “The War Within” softens the tone a bit, with an uplifting melody about getting through hard times that swells into a singalong chorus–use this one to wake up in the morning. The War Within is full of feel-good songs, minus the Top 40 guilt.

From Nowhere by Dan Croll

For fans of: Noah and the Whale, Passion Pit, Bastille, Beck

Perfect for: pondering life on your walk home, lying in bed staring at the ceiling

Dan Croll’s From Nowhere is an alternative take on the electronic pop genre. His unique sound

is an unusual fusion of folk and techno. Somehow it works. The stand out songs bookend this EP, with catchy title track “From Nowhere” and “Only Ghost,” a sweet and simple guitar-led ballad about losing your way. Between them, Croll croons in a soulful falsetto in “Wanna Know” and triumphant horns blare over the lovely “Compliment Your Soul.” From Nowhere sounds like a set you might hear from a neighborhood troubadour who crossed paths with a tech-savvy producer.

Writers of the Boston University chapter of Her Campus.